Amazing new music player for Droid!

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. If you like it, I suggest you grab it while you can. If I were an Apple attorney, I'd be firing off a cease and desist letter by sundown.

Zac7

Reaction score
Best music app imo is the new rockon app by the same developer called "3". Search rockon and you can find it dont search 3 cause it is a small threee in the market. . It has a cool interface and allows you to queue songs to make easy playlists. Awesome widget too.

msheldon

Reaction score
So, I did try it out, and I guess if you don't drink the apple koolaid, you don't get it, because my whole opinion of it is "meh".

OTOH, I then decided to try mixzing. I found it to be much more polished, cleaner, and intuitive. Oh, and it works with the bluetooth controls.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
Tried it out tonight, and it's off to a great start! There are still a few bugs—it only detects one genre of many in my library, although it at least doesn't confuse album names with genres the way every other music player seems to—but overall, I look forward to the future of this app!

pudah

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with it? The beta was great. I paid for and upgraded to the final release and now it doesnt work at all. It opens and says it is loading music from the SD card. This gets stuck and never progresses. If I kill the app and re-open there is no music in the library able to play and when I manually refresh it gets stuck again. I've rebooted, I've reinstalled, nothing. I dont want to go back to beta as I paid for this version.

hydrolex99

Reaction score
Nice looking interface albeit an apple interface, its very responsive and clean. I like it so far, good find.

mjp81

Reaction score
It has totally replaced MixZing for me. Shuffle all options at every turn, multi-select, and the developer is quick to respond to complaints and suggestions for updates. Much simpler than MixZing. They never understood what I asked for.

mpenda

Reaction score
To the folks that were saying "no BT control" is a deal breaker; what player DOES have BT control for volume, replay, skip?
I was looking for one for a long while and then gave up....
That's the ONLY thing I miss about my iPhone.

jimnutt

Reaction score
To the folks that were saying "no BT control" is a deal breaker; what player DOES have BT control for volume, replay, skip?

TuneWiki. You have to turn it on in the settings. Also, the built in music player can use the bluetooth controls

mossostdrauka

Reaction score

Meridian also has bluetooth control.

slinky

Reaction score
They all suck. They all provide the same crap and don't provide the extras. The only difference is that the stock player's interface could hardly be made more awkward. Getting to the song currently playing is a keyboard exercise.

mpenda

Reaction score
I kind of laugh at the people who are against anything that resembles an iphone or ipod music player on the Droid. I absolutely hate iTunes, and avoid Apple almost as much as I avoid Windows, but the music players on the Droid thus far are no where NEAR the same quality as my iPhone.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with software that looks like Apple software. We don't hate the software we hate the phone.

mpenda

Reaction score
Its Apple that's the problem (IMHO). Having left it more "open" could have made it great. At least they brought some great technologies forward.