Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

Gmansurge

Reaction score
I ordered the Razr so, obviously I expect it to be a great phone. Plus Moto is excellent when out comes to accessories. Does Samsung have a Lapdock?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
No they don't have a lapdock but to me that's nothing but a gimmick. I have a laptop, a tablet, and my phone. No way I would waste money on one of those lapdocks.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
No they don't have a lapdock but to me that's nothing but a gimmick. I have a laptop, a tablet, and my phone. No way I would waste money on one of those lapdocks.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I agree, total gimmick. But...some people are really loving it. I will never be one though. What would be awesome is if there was a way to "dock" your phone to a regular laptop.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those of us who dont have a laptop....it not too gimmicky. The price makes it gimmicky.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of us who dont have a laptop....it not too gimmicky. The price makes it gimmicky.

Indeed... tried the lapdock out for the Bionic for a few days. Honestly it was great, but I have absolutely no need for it so I couldn't justify the cost. But for someone on the road a lot it could come in VERY handy.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the lapdock was $125.00 then I would get one.

You may as well get a laptop for what they charge.

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I'm getting the lapdock because for me it makes sense. Here are my reasons:
It turns my phone into a workstation with android/msoffice/internet capabilities wherever I am.
I write alot for my job and having a fullsized keyboard at my disposal while also having programs that run very well on the android platform and also having internet wherever I am and still yet having access to all the files on my hope computer through motocloud or whatever they call it is very handy for me.
It also has a fully charged battery of it's own that actually charges the battery of the phone while it's attached.
I was planning on working out in the woods with this next weekend, where I am not near a wifi connection but with this phone and a lapdock I can pretty much do anything I need to do in my deer blind, and do it all day long with the phone battery combined with the lapdock battery.
I know they're not for everyone, but for me, the lapdock will be way more handy than either my notebook alone (needs wifi for internet) or my tablet alone (I never should have purchased this because typing/editing is just not a truly viable option on it.
Best speed to Lapdock 500 for me!

Gmansurge

Reaction score
My laptop bit the dust a few months ago, I would rather have a lapdock instead of replacing it. Samsung doesn't have one so I don't want a Samsung. Does Samsung have any dock?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My laptop bit the dust a few months ago, I would rather have a lapdock instead of replacing it. Samsung doesn't have one so I don't want a Samsung. Does Samsung have any dock?

Sounds like a plan as long as you have a computer to use for sbf or phone save emergencies...lol unless you don't root..even then a computer in my house is hardly used but for the kids and my rsdlite and Odin3 as well as adb/sdk...the whole phone hospital..lol

You Juss Been TAPPED! by the drummer...
Another day, yet another flash.....:)
<&mdash;&mdash;Peace!&mdash;&mdash;>

ppophil

Reaction score
What kind of screen does DROID X have? Is it Gorilla glass?