Am I the only one who thinks the RAZR will be better than the GNex?

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually we do know - it's a 1750.

And right now I could really go for a Ice Cream Sandwich even if it was blurry.:icon_ banana:

Negative. This hasn't been confirmed in the Verizon variant. It's been rumored the LTE version might be slightly larger.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
This thread is going down hill fast... again ... who cares what the other guy has. Care about what you have. And if it's bragging rights you're looking for, that doesn't work very well in forums, maybe with your friends, but not in cyberspace.

amen plus they wont be able to brag long w the 4.7 inch quad core on its way.... lol ... be happy with what u have or what ur gonna get and stop bickering

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Deano2423

Reaction score
Actually we do know - it's a 1750. And right now I could really go for a Ice Cream Sandwich even if it was blurry.:icon_ banana:
That's not the LTE version. We don't know what size battery that has yet, or how thick it will be for that matter.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Quai1Ooth5d

Reaction score
really think the RAZR will be a better phone once it gets ICS. It looks better to me, its different and its bares the name RAZR. Although the Nexus will be vanilla which is a huge plus when it comes to updates or simply being first, but I actually don't like the look of vanilla phones from Android. This will be different and great but it looks a little boring to me. I think Motorola will skin this nicely. Anyway I maybe just the only one because the Nexus Galaxy doesn't look all that great. Imagine it with GB lol.
huang2.jpg

huang3.jpg

Deano2423

Reaction score
Here is a spec sheet.

HTC Rezound vs. Galaxy Nexus vs. Droid Razr: specs showdown

I don't know what you're talking about Verizon variant. Verizon IS the only company that has this other than the UK. The stats we have are from the US version we got during the conference.

I'd like it to be more - but it's 1750.
Those specs are not for verizon's LTE version. Don't know why you keep saying the contrary. We don't yet know what battery it will use or how thick the LTE version will be. IT WILL BE THICKER...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
How do you know it will be thicker? I've read everything out there.

Unless you have a link you're blowing smoke.

Deano2423

Reaction score
How do you know it will be thicker? I've read everything out there.

Unless you have a link you're blowing smoke.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/19/samsung-the-lte-version-of-the-galaxy-nexus-will-be-a-little/

We got it straight from the horse's mouth here at Samsung and Google's Galaxy Nexus launch event that the future LTE edition of the Galaxy Nexus will indeed be thicker than the HSPA+ model showcased today (and above). How much thicker? "A little," according to a company representative, but he wouldn't go so far as to talk millimeters. When asked if the additional size was there to hold the LTE package or just a larger battery, he also failed to elaborate. We'd be shocked if the LTE variant doesn't pack at least a bit more juice -- we've covered the damage that LTE does to a battery in great detail here -- but frankly, we'd rather have something a wee bit thicker than a phone that dies after four hours of use.

Last edited:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - I had not seen it. I'm happy that it will be thicker and hopefully have a better battery. Hopefully not too much thicker.

Here is the story from the link...

We got it straight from the horse's mouth here at Samsung and Google's Galaxy Nexus launch event that the future LTE edition of the Galaxy Nexus will indeed be thicker than the HSPA+ model showcased today (and above). How much thicker? "A little," according to a company representative, but he wouldn't go so far as to talk millimeters. When asked if the additional size was there to hold the LTE package or just a larger battery, he also failed to elaborate. We'd be shocked if the LTE variant doesn't pack at least a bit more juice -- we've covered the damage that LTE does to a battery in great detail here -- but frankly, we'd rather have something a wee bit thicker than a phone that dies after four hours of use.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
really think the RAZR will be a better phone once it gets ICS. It looks better to me, its different and its bares the name RAZR. Although the Nexus will be vanilla which is a huge plus when it comes to updates or simply being first, but I actually don't like the look of vanilla phones from Android. This will be different and great but it looks a little boring to me. I think Motorola will skin this nicely. Anyway I maybe just the only one because the Nexus Galaxy doesn't look all that great. Imagine it with GB lol.
huang2.jpg

huang3.jpg

You think Moto will skin it nicely huh? Lol to each his own. Personally I don't like skins. I want the newest OS version. Jelly Bean is probably going to be awesome and by time most phones get it I'll be looking forward to the next update. I'm not a fan of being behind and stock ICS looks way better than Blur in my opinion. Blur has too many bugs for me. I'm tired of random reboots and randomly losing signal. The RAZR will probably have it too. The great thing about Android is choice though. I don't agree with the people who think that the RAZR is better but the reality is we all like Android and that's all that matters.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
huang3.jpg
Whats funny is I think the total opposite. I think Moto's skin is not that great and stock ICS looks so much better then anything else out there. I just don't see how companies can skin it to look better then that. I also think the RAZR looks ugly. The Nexus doesn't have anything on the front. No carrier logos, no Samsung logo, just the screen and thats it. Can't get better then that in my opinion. But I guess we all think different.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
After reading several reviews of the Razr and actually playing with the phone, I have to say to the OP, "Yes you are."

The G-nex is the phone to get, and only if it has 32GB of storage.

Last edited:

Felix 222

Reaction score
The Nexus doesn't have anything on the front. No carrier logos, no Samsung logo, just the screen and thats it. Can't get better then that in my opinion. But I guess we all think different.
I prefer the GN's clean look and shape, not to say the razr looks bad by any means.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link - I had not seen it. I'm happy that it will be thicker and hopefully have a better battery. Hopefully not too much thicker.

Here is the story from the link...

I'm glad you finally came to your senses. Did you think I was purposely blowing smoke up your ______?

If I had access to a computer at the time I would have given you the link.