1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Am I the only one not wanting an X?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by rsarno, Jun 20, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno New Member

I currently have a Moto Droid, and I have a dInc on the way (might receive monday or tues)

For a split second i considered cancelling my dInc and waiting on the X. But do i want a phone that large?

I do have a concern about developer-attention (software and accessories) though. The Moto Droid got tons of attention and now has all the cool things, the dInc may not get such attention because of the stock issues leading right into the X debut

Then there is the rumor of phasing out the Inc. We can all sit here and say its nonsense, but there is a slight chance its true .. and if it is, we are screwed as far as developer-attention, IMO

so much to ponder :sigh: but i think at the end of the day for me it boils down to not wanting a big massive phone. Im perfectly comfy with the standard.

dInc here I come.
  2. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

U said it: do u want a phone that size? Some ppl wouldnt mind a phone that size, some would. So the X and Inc. can and will survive side by side.

Everybody doesnt want the X, like everybody didnt want the Inc when it came out. The X is just the new kid at school right now, thats all. Especially since the Droid 2 is just a refresher of the Droid. The X is Verizon's answer to the EVO also so it will get alot of attention.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Don't get me wrong, I think the Incredible is a good Android phone. Awesome. But who wants something that's discontinued?
  4. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

i have to see the X in person.. and try moto blur.. before i would even think of switching phones right now.

is the INC confirmed to be discontinued??

there seems like alot of demand for it.. seems odd to not offer it anymore..
  5. BzB

BzB New Member

@ the incredible being discontinued....Hook, you should know better than that. The incredible is here to stay and will still be a top of the line Android phone on Verizon. Those rumors have already been discounted.

As for the op's question, I won't be getting the x either. I could if I wanted since I have an upgrade coming in a month but I'll be holding out for the droid pro. If I'm not impressed by that I'll wait for something else. Main reason I'm not interested in the x is because I don't prefer the form factor and I'm waiting on more info regarding lte phones. Even if I have to wait a while I still have a great phone in the incredible to hold me over.
  6. zMd113

zMd113 New Member

I don't want an X because:
    1. It's too big for me
    2. I think it's ugly, in fact I feel most Motorola phones are ugly including the original Droid. I'm not trying to start a war about Droids it's just my opinion. I love the way my Incredible looks, especially the back side.
  7. manilaboy1vic

manilaboy1vic New Member

+1 ... my next phone is an LTE phone.... overly satisfied with the INC.
  8. BewareOfButtlice

BewareOfButtlice New Member

how many times are you going to use the HDMI out on your phone LOL. The DroidX is a nice phone, dont get me wrong, but the size of it i dont like. As for the INC being discontinued, that would be poor marketing to cancel a phone in such high demand. Its not on HTC's website so it wont be discontinued. Ill keep my droid incredible for 2 years for another upgrade. This is the best phone ive ever had and i have only a small handfull of complaints but nothing i cant deal with.

Everyone has their own personal choice like mac vs pc though
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  9. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

When I first saw the droid I thought it was horrendous, coming from a voyager. But when you get to know the phone you know why its that way and it makes even look better, an acquired taste I guess :)
  10. zMd113

zMd113 New Member

Luckily for me when I first saw the Incredible I fell in love it.
  11. MiXoLoGiSt

MiXoLoGiSt New Member

I dont want an X either. If i get another Motorola phone i will be waiting for the Droid Pro. Other than that i will be waiting until HTC releases another phone seeing as how i would rather have Sense UI (which i love) than have MotoBlur.
  12. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

I'm waiting for the rumored 2Ghz moto phone to emerge the end of this year. Either that, or a dual core processor. I still want to wait to buy a phone with 4G capabilities so I'm not stuck in 3G when 4G will be so nice!
  13. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

I'm waiting on the X, then of something else comes along that is better, I'll get that.
  14. Shadez

You're gonna have to start giving me your hand-me-downs :) :icon_ banana:
  15. Backnblack

I have 4 kids...So get in line....:D
  16. Shadez

Aweww shucks.. kicks curb... :icon_evil:
  17. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

You are stating that you might not want it due to the SCREEN SIZE. For me the main reason I would upgrade is to get that SCREEN SIZE. I don't care so much about the Processor and Memory, because i'm running Droid 2.2 Froyo Blue Themed at 1.1 ghz and it's running fast and good. I do wish my screen was bigger.

Don't get me wrong I love all the new upgrade features and all, but the screen would be my main reason. I might wait it out because i do not want to pay full price since I only bought my Droid during XMAS time. If i did not have to pay the full price and could upgrade for the regular price as a new client I would 100% purchase it.

Correct me if i'm wrong, if you are not eligible for an upgrade you have to pay the full 599$ or whatever the Droid X is going to cost correct? Or can I upgrade for the cheaper price say 199$ and just extend my contract? Anyone know. I'm pretty sure this can't be done, but just wanted confirmation. Thanks.
  18. rancid1

rancid1 New Member

i think htc is ok, but now after owning my motorolla droid i would love to have the x. it reminds me a little of my iphone, but with alot better specs. i want a x
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2010
  19. Backnblack

You have to pay to play.

Yes, If you not eligible for a NE2, you pay full price
    If you get a 1 year update you'll pay new contract pricing plus $100...
  20. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

Yeah then if i'm going to waste that kind of money then it better be a HUGE upgrade like duo core process or close to 2ghz. Also I usually like to wait a few weeks to check out the reviews people are giving it. I heard the Droid Incredible does not have great Battery Life, see my Droid does and that is important to me.

After the experience i had with the Palm PRE with the worse battery life I have ever had omg never again. Literally would not last more then 4 hrs with the stock battery. Would never recommend that phone to anyone bc of that faulty issue it has.