Am I in trouble?

betolley

Reaction score
I have a background with Windows Mobile phones and have been unlocking them and flashing roms for years...But I just go a droid(a much diff beast).

I rooted the droid.
I installed droidmod 1.0 with the droid mod updater everything was fine.
I got a message saying battery was low...
I pluged in power cable to the notebook computer and continued.
I found the smokeless glass rom. I downloaded it.
Put in in the SDcard directory.
Rebooted with X and power.
Choose to install Rom.
Had dm droid and SmokedGlass rom listed.
Choose SmokedGlass Rom.
It said installed sucessfully after i choose what parts to install
I choose reboot.
I get a M motorolla logo and freeze.
Removed and replaced battery. WIll not power on at all.
Had to recharge (an hour)
Press X and Power...Get W logo and phone turns off. Then will not power on.
If I leave it plugged in it has a charging light.
If I press the power button and walk away 5-10 minutes the W logo comes back and just sits there(no recharge light...I have to reset battery to change again)

So....am I sol with my new phone or do I just need to let it charge as it was below 5%(i know i was excited).

CatsTide

Reaction score
you,my friend,have a dead battery...let it charge for a while:icon_ banana:

huskur

Reaction score
Yes....don't mess with it...just let it charge. Check it in the morning. Get some sleep (i know it will be hard though) If it makes you feel better i had the exact problem

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
A good rule of thumb. Don't install ROMs with less than 60% battery. The process takes a lot and leads to boot loops and failed boots. When the phone cannot boot it can take up to 10hrs to recharge. So sit tight and check in the morning.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes....don't mess with it...just let it charge. Check it in the morning. Get some sleep (i know it will be hard though) If it makes you feel better i had the exact problem

lol, yes...like a kid on Christmas morning...rushing down to see how it is doing:)

Let it charge on a wall charger too, not on the laptop. It will charge much faster.

OP
B

betolley

Reaction score
It never charged. I let it charge 8 hrs on a computers usb port and 8 on my usb / ac converter that came with my old htc diamond. I ended up going to work and getting the droid usb / ac converter. The phone came on, charged, and is working fine.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
It never charged. I let it charge 8 hrs on a computers usb port and 8 on my usb / ac converter that came with my old htc diamond. I ended up going to work and getting the droid usb / ac converter. The phone came on, charged, and is working fine.

Dumb question..... When you had it plugged into the USB port, was the PC in sleep mode? I know it sounds obvious, but the reason I ask is that not all motherboards provide power to the USB ports in standby. Some do, specifically for charging - but not all.

As for the HTC charger not working, i'm pretty sure the Droid only reliably charges with its OEM charger. Even aftermarket chargers marketed towards the Droid can be unreliable at best.

Glad to hear you got it working!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whenever I connect my Droid to my Mac with my USB it charges my Droid. Not sure id the Mac mother board is the reason.

Mike

OP
B

betolley

Reaction score
No, I have a Mythtv System that does not sleep that I use to recharge. It charges the phone now that the power was not all the way discharged.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Whenever I connect my Droid to my Mac with my USB it charges my Droid. Not sure id the Mac mother board is the reason.

Mike

I want to add to this because desktop computer charges my phone very poorly, but my Acer laptop charges my phone exceptionally well. Indeed the charge rate is dependent on something, could be the motherboard, or just the wind. :)