always boots to recovery?

papp_e

Reaction score
Hey all,

Ever since installing droid 2 bootstrapper and rom manager, if i turn off my d2 normally for the night or something, when i turn it back on it always boots to recovery, then i have to hit reboot now, THEN it will boot to the os. What did i do wrong???!?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've heard of one other D2 user w/this issue just recently.

Couple things you could try:

1. Boot up - when eye appears, pull battery.
2. Put battery back in, boot up again, you should go to CW Recovery.
3. Select Reboot phone option.
4. After phone reboots fully, turn off normally and turn on again.

or...

1. Open Droid 2 Bootstrap
2. Select Bootstrap
3. Select launch recovery
4. Select reboot in recovery
5. After phone reboots fully, turn off normally and turn on again.

or...

1. Open ROM Manager
2. Select the backup current ROM option
3. Either rename the backup or let it use the standard date name provided and allow backup to complete
4. Phone will reboot after backup is over - should boot up into Android normally.

Basically it seems like you have an errant byte somewhere that is causing this problem - above actions could shake it free....

OP
P

papp_e

Reaction score
Wow thanks for that info..i uninstalled rom manager, didnt use it anyways..so the problem was still with bootstrap recovery. But your method for recovery, reboot, then power off normal worked. Thanks a bunch!

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for that info..i uninstalled rom manager, didnt use it anyways..so the problem was still with bootstrap recovery. But your method for recovery, reboot, then power off normal worked. Thanks a bunch!

Glad it helped...so the second one was the one that worked for you?

I would keep ROM Manager around - I find using it for backups is really nice, and also helps when installing a ROM by automating the backup before the installation.

Backup: Allows you to name the backup when you create it, which is very nice for keeping them straight (e.g., "2.3.15-before-Black Glass theme").

Installing ROMs: When you use the "isntall ROM from SD card" option, after you select the zip file it prompts you to back up the current ROM...you select the checkbox and CW recovery does the backup and the install in two automated steps for you.

If your install requires that /system is mounted, then you have to do it directly from CW Recovery, but otherwise ROM Manager is a nice option.

Up to you of course, but wanted to point out a couple of nice things that ROM Manager can do.