Alternative to Motorola Vehicle Charger

wheeler32

Reaction score
Have a Droid 2 with the Motorola vehicle mount. Need a way to keep it charged on long trips but I don't like the idea of using the Motorola vehicle charger as it has the spring in the cable.

Tried using the charger from a Mio GPS plus a Motorola mini USB to micro USB adapter from another phone but it won't charge it.

Any thoughts on an alternative to the Motorola vehicle charger or an explanation of the other cable plus adapter not working?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I bought some stuff from Monoprice.com that was amazingly cheap and yet still worked with my Droid1 (might work with your phone too):

[FONT=&quot]
ico_circle_black.gif
5460[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 15ft[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$2.02[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$2.02[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]
ico_circle_black.gif
5457[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]USB 2.0 A Male to Micro 5pin Male 28/24AWG Cable w/ Ferrite Core - (Gold Plated) - 3ft[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$1.13[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$2.26[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot]
ico_circle_black.gif
3524[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Car Charger (Cigarette Lighter) to USB Female Converter - White[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$1.18[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]$2.36

[/FONT]
Good luck

OP
wheeler32

wheeler32

Reaction score
Managed to have it working with a DLO Vehicle Adapter + USB to Mini-USB Cable + Mini-USB to Micro-USB Adapter from Motorola. It's been working great for about a week now - thanks!