Car Charger - Just Making Sure

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by VoiceGuy, Jul 26, 2012.

1. VoiceGuy

VoiceGuy Member

Hey all... I've done a bit of looking and I'm pretty sure it'll be safe to use the car charger from my OG Droid on an SG3 but I wanted to check with you all... just to make sure. I have this charger Amazon.com: Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories The rated output is 4.75-5.25V and 950mA. Can it be safely used without causing damage to the phone or battery?
  2. wcjeep

wcjeep Member

That will work no problem. If you're using 4g and GPS map navigation it will slowly draw down the battery.
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I don't know what the rated output of your stock charger (the one that came with your phone) is, but as long as it's at least as high of an mAh rating as your stock one, it will charge as fast. If it's much higher it will likely charge faster, but only as fast as the manufacturer of you phone will allow.

Charging at the stock charger's rate and not at a higher rate is highly recommended, since charging at faster rates will ultimately shorten the overall life of the battery.

I'm pleased to see it's a Motorola branded charger (name brand), and not some cheap knock-off brand from overseas.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. VoiceGuy

VoiceGuy Member

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the input. Just checked the charger that came with the phone. It has an output of 5.0v and 1.0a.
Search tags for this page

best car charger for samsung galaxy s3

best car chargers for samsung galaxy s3
best samsung s3 car charger
can a samsung galaxy s3 use a motorola droid car charger?
car charger samsung galaxy s3 how to use

galaxy s3 car charger

glgaxy s3 car charger
motorola car charger work for samsung galaxy s 3

samsung galaxy s3 car charger

using a car charger for droid 4