[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

lilhill

Reaction score
I hate it when people are jerks on forums, so in the kindest way possible - did you read anything that was posted in this thread over the past couple of days?

Monkey74

Reaction score
60+ pages? No, I did not. But don't have to hate and get all jumpy, it was just a question. Please excuse my jerkness???

Enjoy life!!!!

lilhill

Reaction score
The answer to your question is in the last four pages.

The data is working.

Mhead85

Reaction score
I'm trying to install the latest alpha 2/10 in safestrap. I toggle to safe side, wipe system/user data, format system, wipe cache and dalvik. When I try to install zip from sd it says install aborted (bad). I have tried multiple downloads and even other roms. any ideas? I'm on 902

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wilboy

Reaction score
Can you forever root using this method once in 902?

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

Sorry bro.didn't tried yet the manual forever rooting..i was on 4ever root since 4ever rooting was out..and still rooted till now (902). I installed 902 manually(a patched) .:biggrin:

Question, has the data issue been fixed? I love how this thing looks but can't live without data.
3g/4g isn't working yet to this version,but there is one(2/10 or 11 released)..but u need to be in 902..

lilhill

Reaction score
I have replaced the libims file in the system/lib folder to stabilize data, which it does.

I live in a 3G area and both voice and data work fine.

Right now I'm in a 4G area, and I can make calls BUT there's no sound in call!

If I reflash the 2/9 ICS update so that that file is no longer replaced, everything works in 4G, just with unstable data...

Any ideas?

DROID BIONIC

Last edited:

zhill29

Reaction score
YES! Finally got caught up to the .902 update and got this installed with data working! Really stable, way to go dhacker! I just do the whole GSM switch when I turn the phone on and it works flawlessly till I shut it off!

Now we just need some cool themes (Noticed themes in settings) And a working camera and were set!

lilhill

Reaction score
I have replaced the libims file in the system/lib folder to stabilize data, which it does.

I live in a 3G area and both voice and data work fine.

Right now I'm in a 4G area, and I can make calls BUT there's no sound in call!

If I reflash the 2/9 ICS update so that that file is no longer replaced, everything works in 4G, just with unstable data...

Any ideas?

With a Bluetooth, phone calls are fine, just a bit crackly as Bluetooth has been with this ROM...

DROID BIONIC

DROID BIONIC

zhill29

Reaction score
Ok, so now that I have been running this for over 24 hours, heres my thoughts...

1. AWESOME
2. Dialer likes to freeze up every once in a while.
3. Data is very reliable. (After you do the gsm switch of course.)
4. NEED CAMERA! (But I can live without it... It's worth it! :)
5. Some videos seem to be kind of choppy. Weather there saved to my phone, or on YouTube, but every once in a while you get a video that plays fine.

Overall ICS rules. It wont be long now and were set!

Thanks dhacker for all your hard work! And to the guys that helped out!

hazlettxx

Reaction score
Great rom, and great instructions! thanks to everyone. I am running the ROM but I was on .902 before I rooted. I have no mobile network, can't make calls or texts, etc. Any advice or a fix for this?

americanz

Reaction score
Great rom, and great instructions! thanks to everyone. I am running the ROM but I was on .902 before I rooted. I have no mobile network, can't make calls or texts, etc. Any advice or a fix for this?

did you read previous posts? says how to fix it

hazlettxx

Reaction score
I've sifted through a lot of this, but alot of it foreign to me. I'll pace back and check.

ddg2112

Reaction score
I updated to ICS 902 yesterday and 4G has been working great. However, when the data drops to 3G my browser says that I'm not connected retry. Other than that I'm going to use this as my daily driver! Great work dhacker and all of the guys that have been helping out!!