[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

markwebb

Reaction score
I've also been seeing problems with safestrap being installed on the new 902... whats the exact way to flash this newer ics build with 4g?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Safestrap stopped working for me before I updated to 901. It won't initiate safe system any longer. :( I now have to use bionic bootstrap which runs flawlessly.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
Safestrap stopped working for me before I updated to 901. It won't initiate safe system any longer. :( I now have to use bionic bootstrap which runs flawlessly.

I think that is an issue with your phone and not necessarily 901. I have been using safestrap since shortly after it was released and have really had no issues with it. I upgraded to 902 the other day and am about to try out the newest ICS build, so I'll see if it still works w/ 902

edit: safestrap allowed me to get into safe mode and flash the newest ICS build. No data yet, but I'm going to try another flash or two and see if that helps out at all. this is exciting to be so close to having a functional version of ICS, unreal work by dhacker

Last edited:

Defuego

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with 3G/4G connecting and disconnecting constantly on newest build? For me data works for a minute then drops and reconnects until I try to use it again. I've flashed twice now and I'll do so again if necessary to get it working again.

Oh and DHacker YOU ARE THE MAN!!

americanz

Reaction score

after i took 902 i ad to reinstall safestrap.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me. I had to delete my safestrap files on my sdcard with file manager. Then go back into safestrap and try again.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
How long is it taking people to boot up the new ICS with working data? I think I got caught in a bootloop. Waited about 15mins then did a battery pull.

jayman350

Reaction score
it took about 2-3 minutes for the first boot into ICS, however I wasn't able to get data working at all. Tried switching between cdma only and cdma/lte, tried toggling airplane mode on and off, re-flashed the rom a couple times, all to no avail. I am at work in a 3G only area, so that may be part of it. I'll probably try flashing again when I get home tonight or sometime this weekend. My house usually has an awesome 4G signal, so if it is going to work anywhere, it should work there.

Biasedthunder

Reaction score
it took about 2-3 minutes for the first boot into ICS, however I wasn't able to get data working at all. Tried switching between cdma only and cdma/lte, tried toggling airplane mode on and off, re-flashed the rom a couple times, all to no avail. I am at work in a 3G only area, so that may be part of it. I'll probably try flashing again when I get home tonight or sometime this weekend. My house usually has an awesome 4G signal, so if it is going to work anywhere, it should work there.

What I had to do was this. Flash the rom (after the usual wipe stuff) let the rom boot up and run for about 15 minutes, then dial *#*#4636#*#* and go into phone information, change the radio to GSM Only. wait for a few (usually about 15-20 seconds) then switch back to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL).. let it sit for a bit and you should get 3g/4g as I did.. I live in a 3g area this worked for me.

I did have a problem where it would drop connectivity after 20 minutes or so, what I did was went back into phone information via the number above and turned the radio off for about 10 minutes then turned it back on and it worked fine. (not sure if its this way for everyone and also if you have to restart your phone you may have to repeat these steps)

GL hope it works for you.

Regards
Biased

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got it working now. Had to install the rom a second time to get it to work. GPS and Data keep dropping out though. I'll check out the rootzwiki post.

Quada

Reaction score
I've only heard that 4g is working here, is it safe to say that 3g is working as well?

3g works for me off and on. The data drops in this rom are pretty heavy right now, but I saw on dh's twitter that it is due to IMS errors. Someone replaced the libims_client_jni.so with the libims_client_jni.so lib file from an ICS razr build and said that it fixed the data drops.

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
anyone know how much longer until all of the bugs regarding 3g/4g will be resolved? i really LOVE this rom and i plan to use it every day if i can but having to toggle gsm cdma over and over again just to keep my signal up....its a little annoying....

bghiggins

Reaction score
The radios don't work for me at all since I'm still at 5.5.886. Is there any way to update the system without reverting to stock?