[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

jayman350

Reaction score
What I had to do was this. Flash the rom (after the usual wipe stuff) let the rom boot up and run for about 15 minutes, then dial *#*#4636#*#* and go into phone information, change the radio to GSM Only. wait for a few (usually about 15-20 seconds) then switch back to GSM/CDMA auto (PRL).. let it sit for a bit and you should get 3g/4g as I did.. I live in a 3g area this worked for me.

I did have a problem where it would drop connectivity after 20 minutes or so, what I did was went back into phone information via the number above and turned the radio off for about 10 minutes then turned it back on and it worked fine. (not sure if its this way for everyone and also if you have to restart your phone you may have to repeat these steps)

GL hope it works for you.

Regards
Biased

I flashed the latest release from today/tonight, but I was still having the no data issue. I remembered this post from earlier today, followed the steps exactly and now have 4G. dancedroiddancedroid thanks for the suggestion.

lilhill

Reaction score
OK- So I just reverted my phone to stock 886 per [GUIDE] How To Receive OTAs Again If You Are On A Leak ***Proven Working Manual Method*** - RootzWiki
Hopefully I can use the ICS Rom once the radios are updated!

I'm trying to do the same thing, but...

When you get to the "after the drivers are done installing, open a command prompt in the folder where you unzipped the full package to" step, how do I open a commands prompt in a certain folder?

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

monkeywrench14

Reaction score
so i have the ics alpha build and i wanted to know if anyone knows how to add widgets to the home screens. I have been playing with it and i have no idea. Please let me know. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice. thanks again for your response.

lilhill

Reaction score
so i have the ics alpha build and i wanted to know if anyone knows how to add widgets to the home screens. I have been playing with it and i have no idea. Please let me know. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice. thanks again for your response.

Scroll through the apps in your launcher, you'll scroll right into your widget choices. Also there's a tab at the top of the launcher.

DROID BIONIC

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

zhill29

Reaction score
i never thought they would make a youtube video of my work an yes u can flash the FXZ file over ur current system my thread is here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/197374-5-5-5-893-fxz-901-902-compatible-902-update.html
i
f u need any assistance just hit me up

Well I just tried flashing that "Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip" file in recovery and it failed. I dont remember the exact error. (I could try again if you need it.)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have the most current moto drivers and my phone won't come up in RDSlite and I have tried everything I've found online and I can not get this thing to update! I'm about ready to throw it out the window and drive to the VZW store and buy a Nexus!

Edit: Oh and by the way, I'm on the .886 version and after trying a factory reset, my phone now tells me that my device is up to date!

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I just tried flashing that "Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US.zip" file in recovery and it failed. I dont remember the exact error. (I could try again if you need it.)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have the most current moto drivers and my phone won't come up in RDSlite and I have tried everything I've found online and I can not get this thing to update! I'm about ready to throw it out the window and drive to the VZW store and buy a Nexus!
alright pm me everything u have done prior to trying to install the update ex.scripts/FXZs ect an ill walk u through an get ur phone kicking again

lilhill

Reaction score
The issue is that you don't flash FXZ files via recovery. You use RSD Lite (make sure you're using RSD Lite 5.6) to flash the FXZ file.

Make sure you have the the correct moto drivers installed (which version of windows are you using - xp, vista, 7? Also, 32 or 64 bit?).

You need to have your phone in charge only USB mode (double check this once you've plugged it in).

If the drivers are installed correctly on your computer, once you plug your phone in, you should see some other drivers installing (there may be a notification down by the clock on your computer).

As for the root exploit, plug in the phone (charge only mode) and run the .bat file in folder downloaded from the link on the instructions page. This step took me a few tries to get working...

wilboy

Reaction score
Am just curious why this haven't posted here yet??Just asking!!:frown:
And pls..Don't ask me about the LINKS.I'll let someone to post this here!:p[h=1][Rom][Alpha] Ics4Bionic [5.9.902 version] Alpha 02-10-2012[/h]

lilhill

Reaction score
Can you forever root using this method once in 902?

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

DROID BIONIC

Monkey74

Reaction score
Question, has the data issue been fixed? I love how this thing looks but can't live without data.