[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

lilhill

Reaction score
One issue I've seen with this ROM from the start is bluetooth.

I have a bluetooth speaker system and multiple bluetooth earpieces. Streaming across the speaker system I have no issues.

When using the earpieces, the audio is very crackly whether streaming music or phone calls. Everything works fine on stock/safe system.

Has anyone else has this issue?

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

bwlstuff

Reaction score
One issue I've seen with this ROM from the start is bluetooth.

I have a bluetooth speaker system and multiple bluetooth earpieces. Streaming across the speaker system I have no issues.

When using the earpieces, the audio is very crackly whether streaming music or phone calls. Everything works fine on stock/safe system.

Has anyone else has this issue?

I can confirm issues with my bluetooth earpieces as well. "Crackly" is a good description of the sound. I hear it a little on my side, but it seems to be much worse for the person I am calling.

americanz

Reaction score
i ran this all day yesterday worked great, othet than it freezes up if you try to play games.(angry birds) and then i left it on all night and charging. when i got up i tried to make a phone call and had no sound. on either end. i rebooted and then could not get 3g back now matter what i did

doubleapitt

Reaction score
I'm trying to tether using sqleditor. Has anyone been able to find the correct settings.DB?

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

ddg2112

Reaction score
I installed the ICS on Wed and haven't had any issues with crackly streaming, freeze ups of any type, or audio issues. From my perspective, ICS is awesome!!! Sure I would like to have a camera; however, I don't use the camera on a daily basis, so, who cares...DancingNexus

bfone

Reaction score
After safestrap and first attempt to boot into ICS, how long should the multicolor animation play?

lilhill

Reaction score
Probably 5 - 10 minutes. Be patient!

DROID BIONIC

bfone

Reaction score
I must have made a mistake following the guides, after 40 min of the screen I pulled the battery and tried again. Same result so I used safestrap to boot into the factory image and it worked fine. I will reattempt it tomorrow I think!

lilhill

Reaction score
When you try again, wipe everything on the safe side, then reflash ICS. You could also redownload the file, just to be safe.

DROID BIONIC

xspaceshuttlex

Reaction score
flashed last night....and oooooo baby is ICS sexy, everything is working fine but the camera but who gives a ****...thanks so much

lilhill

Reaction score
My Bionic seems to lag while scrolling through lists such as Twitter and the launcher.

Trebuchet also force closes if I scroll through widgets too quickly.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues?

DROID BIONIC

bfone

Reaction score
When you try again, wipe everything on the safe side, then reflash ICS. You could also redownload the file, just to be safe.

DROID BIONIC

Done and done, booted into ICS wow it is amazing. Everything seems to work really well, 3G and 4G work and switch off no problem. Only werid issue is I received two text messages from 'unkown' that were garbled text. GPS tested and works perfect too!

Vyruz

Reaction score
Someone please help me. I have installed ics in safestrap as well as the primary rom and 3g/4g didnt work on either. Should i redownload and try again or it there a step that gets the data working? I installed it on .902.View attachment 47495

NickSaul

Reaction score
Someone please help me. I have installed ics in safestrap as well as the primary rom and 3g/4g didnt work on either. Should i redownload and try again or it there a step that gets the data working? I installed it on .902.

Try flashing the newest build 2-14 from here.
Then get an app called Phone Info from here.

After you flash the 2-14 build, and install the Phone Info app,
open phone info,
go to "Phone Information",
scroll down to the field just above the "turn radio off" button, (DO NOT PRESS "TRUN RADIO OFF"
change the radio to "GSM only"
wait for the screen to flash two times,
then change the firld to "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)
then 3g/4g should work.

Good luck.