[ROM] [Alpha] Ic3Razr 01-25-2012

outfieldslayer

Reaction score
hey, I am very new to rooting and mods. I just rooted my razr to the 6.12.173, just wondering if there is an easy way to flash back to the .748? Thank you for the help.

Search Google for the fast boot files for the build you want, get rsd lite and then search again for the tutorial on how to use it its very simple and if you have it on your computer its almost impossible to brick, its saved my butt quite a few times hope I helped

Sent from my XT912 using DroidForums

notbrant

Reaction score
I am getting a boot loop, after the splash screen it says "android is updating" then reboots. this cycle continues over and over?

outfieldslayer

Reaction score
I am getting a boot loop, after the splash screen it says "android is updating" then reboots. this cycle continues over and over?

What build do you have? You should go to rombot.droidhive.com (razr is called spyder) navigate to the spyder cm9 files download the newest one (they update daily) also make sure you have the Google apps from 3/8 and that you have safe strap 1.9 once all that is ready reboot and go into safe strap 1.9 wipe cash dalvik and format system then flash the rom the rom then the gapps (make sure you have a stock backup)reboot and it will say android is upgrading apps 3 out of 157 (the numbers vary) when it upgrades all the apps it will take a minute or so depending on how many apps you have it will boot up and you are ready to go, the newest build has data at boot a working camera (front and back) working adb working market. Basically done just a few small bugs. Hope I helped

Sent from my XT912 using DroidForums

notbrant

Reaction score
In the mean time i've been using DT's B13 build.

I was using this build:
aokp-selfkang-razr-ics-403-r1-nightlies

and this safestrap:
SAFESTRAP 1.09 for CDMA RAZR (XT912) (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)

outfieldslayer

Reaction score

djwill48

Reaction score
Been thinking about this one, but it runs fine on stock and can't live without the camera. I think I can wait 3-7 months for an official ICS as my tablet gets me my ICS fix at the moment.

danielkr

Reaction score
I loaded this one up last night under safestrap. Tried twice to boot and waited 20 mins each time. even though caches were supposedly wiped on install, i went back in and wiped again, this time it booted successfully. Initial setup - it found my wifi router, allowed me to configure it, but then it disconnected and wouldn't let me pass through the rest of configuration, I had to shut down and start up again, this time it worked. I also had to do the radio thing switching around as the previous poster mentioned in order to get service. So far Google Voice Search crashes every time i try to use it, Google Talk works but I haven't bothered with the camera. Words with Friends is slow switching screens after each turn. My purpose for flashing this one was to see if there was any improvement to battery life. Its hard to say, as i've been plugged in almost all day... my hopes are high though. on that note, links to the EB40 battery and a RAZR MAXX back cover and SIM/microSD slot door would be very much appreciated, anyone... Thanks, its looking sharp.