[ROM] [Alpha] Ics4Bionic 01-25-2012

NickSaul

Reaction score
when i go into this it says the preferred network type is unknown and when i try to change it nothing happens.

Tap on the field
Change it to "GSM only"
Wait for the screen to flash (about 10 seconds should do it)
Now change the field to "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)"
3G should pop up after a few seconds.

barrmy

Reaction score
What part isnt working? Try going in settings and change device from 'auto' to droid bionic

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

DStave

Reaction score
I'm damn sure I did everything 100% correctly but my bionic has been on the bootup screen (the colorful woohoo screen) for 10 minutes now. Thoughts? I'm trying to run a .902 build that has the 4g radio fixed.

Edit: Just re-did it and bam, it worked.

Last edited:

Otakulad

Reaction score
Yeah I also received two messages like that and I installed the ROM on Wednesday night.

So far, besides the camera (which I don't care about), the data issue (easy fix), and Words with Friends locking up after making a move (yes, I know, guilty pleasure) the ROM is working great. No issues while in a call, data speeds the same as stock, and my phone is so much faster now. Best part is when starting up it takes less than a minute compared to almost two minutes on stock. Great job dhacker29 and all those that helped made it. Looking forward to seeing what else you can do.

Edit: So right after posting this I had two issues. I had my phone lock up on me. Did a battery pull an started it up again and the droidforums app was uninstalled. Reinstalled the app, did a reboot, and the app was uninstalled again. This is the only app I have seen this happen to. Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Joshison

Reaction score
One thing I noticed is you can use the notification bar when the phone is locked.

lilhill

Reaction score
I've had the uninstall issue with DROIDForums a few times and with one other app (which I cannot remember) once.

DROID BIONIC

Retired OG DROID CM7 Supercharged 1GHZ

americanz

Reaction score
I get that on regular stock. With df app

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

jetman36

Reaction score
TThe rom is great for how far it is but isn't quite as stable as I need it to be. (on call 24/7 with the army) I thought I made a backup of the stock but I guess it messed up making the md5 checksum and now can't swap back. Any ideas cause I want to use both roms.