all contacts erased and call data

ndynamo19

Reaction score
So my phone has been working perfectly fine until I just got a call and realized that the contact was not matched up to the number. So I checked my contacts and all of them were erased as well as my call log.

Anyone else have this problem. It is just bothering my because my phone was literally sitting right next to me and all of the other programs seem to be running just fine.

Luckily I had downloaded the lookout app and it restored my contacts.

also no recent updates that i am aware of.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my phone has been working perfectly fine until I just got a call and realized that the contact was not matched up to the number. So I checked my contacts and all of them were erased as well as my call log.

Anyone else have this problem. It is just bothering my because my phone was literally sitting right next to me and all of the other programs seem to be running just fine.

Luckily I had downloaded the lookout app and it restored my contacts.

also no recent updates that i am aware of.

Can't say what happened to your phone, but your contacts are always at gmail. And I think there's a real good chance that you could have imported them off your SD card.

You don't need an app to back up contacts. One of the great things about Google and Gmail.

Mayhew

Reaction score
Same problem - returning Droid for replacement.

I had the same problem. Got the Droid on 01/05 and it was rock solid till Friday. Lost all 668 contacts. Same thing happened on Saturday, Sunday and twice today. I googled the issue and learned that 1 in ever 100 Droids has this problem. I called Verizon and they are shipping me a new unit overnight. And the rep specified that it would come from a different facility, indicating to me that it is a known hardware issue. Cheers!

tnhockey

Reaction score
yea i had this problem today too. figures i would get the 1 in 100. guess ill have to goto verizon and see what they say.

theawesomebex

Reaction score
i have the same problem... so glad i read this lol. i will be calling verizon.:icon_eek:

Mayhew

Reaction score
Are you guys using Chomp SMS? I uninstalled it and started using Handcent SMS. No more missing contacts!

JimmyD

Reaction score
Question for those of you who have experienced this problem....

When you notice that your contacts are missing on your Droid, have you checked over on Gmail.com to see if they're missing over there as well?

I wonder if it's a sync settings glitch of some sort?

jilly

Reaction score
i got the same problem this morning also..had no other problems with my phone before this.btw..love the forums get alot of info on here,thank you!

bradleonard

Reaction score
I had a similar problem where my call log disappeared and all of my ringtones went back to default. I DO have ChompSMS installed and I think I will get rid of it and see if the problem occurs again.