Just updated phone.. All contacts erased?

lowco101

Reaction score
I just updated my phone to 2.0.1 and it erased all but one of my contacts. I sync'd it with facebook and gmail and now I have a bunch without their phone #'s now. I can still manually search for my old contacts and it will find them, but they aren't on the contact list.. Anyone else have this problem and a way to fix it?

robbinz2121

Reaction score
I'm having a similiar problem. Did the update and now only 4 of my contacts are showing but my call log and favorites are still showing up. I can't manualy search for my other contacts though.

OP
L

lowco101

Reaction score
This is so frustrating.. I've lost over 300 contacts :(

Becca800

Reaction score
Yup

I lost all of my business contacts. I am lost and about to lose it.

Oops. Just lost it.

obrien714

Reaction score
FIX your contact list

Mine disappeared also after the update, heres the fix.

1 - click contacts
2 - ckick the menu button
3 - click display options
4 - click on your gmail adress
5 - scroll down and check the all other contacts.

brought all my contacts back...

cheers

Pat

blue

Reaction score
I had the same issue. I got them back when I went and resynced them on facebook. I don't think it was a issue with the update, I think it was a issue with facebook.

richgr

Reaction score
Thanks obrien, that did it. Just got my phone today. They showed me contacts at the store but when I got home, they were gone.

Becca800

Reaction score
I just got all of my contacts back using import/export and the sd card. They were all there, but not showing in the contact list.
Go to Contacts.
In menu click on import/export.
Export to SD card.
Then go back and import from sd card to your gmail account.
Worked.

AldricIV

Reaction score

1 - click contacts

cheers

Pat

DUDE... You are officially almost my favorite person ever, the same thing happened to me last week, then I dropped my phone in the toilet on monday. I dried it out and its good as new, and now I have all of my contacts back because of you. I just registered on this website so I could personally thank you and tell you haw much of an awesome badass mo fo you truly are. Thanks again man

Aldric :icon_ banana:

robotsandzombies

Reaction score
Ive done everything suggested, the display options, the import/export. so now the only contacts I have in my phone are the ones that I had transferred into my phone when I first got it at the Verizon store. Every contact I have added since purchase are not there anymore.

I can't say for sure if they went missing when I did the 2.1 update, but I'm pretty sure that's when they did.

Thanks.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
robotsandzombies, did you enable syncing with your google accouint? If you did, all of your contacts would have been backed up to your google account. Try going into your contacts, press menu softkey, accounts, and enable sync to your google account. Wait about 5 minutes. If nothing happens, then youre out of luck.

robotsandzombies

Reaction score
Titans, Yes I did that, I logged into my GMAIL account and all the contacts that I am missing are not listed there. I don't know where my phone was saving all the contacts I entered into the phone, apparently not to my GMAIL account.

The only other account I can sync stuff with is my FACEBOOK account. I've exhausted all options these last few days, I will be taking it to the Verizon store to see if they can restore them.

Murph

Reaction score

1 - click contacts

cheers

Pat

DUDE... You are officially almost my favorite person ever, the same thing happened to me last week, then I dropped my phone in the toilet on monday. I dried it out and its good as new, and now I have all of my contacts back because of you. I just registered on this website so I could personally thank you and tell you haw much of an awesome badass mo fo you truly are. Thanks again man

Aldric :icon_ banana:

Yes this done it for me even after spending an hour on my home phone with Verizon and their tech couldn't figure it out. Now they have a new phone on the way via overnight shipping...What to do?