[ALERT] Verizon 4G LTE Nationwide Outage...Again.

Dweib

A solar flare takes several days to hit and do EMI damage. And then when it subsides a few more days to notice the subsession. Who knows how long it will take VZW to fix any damage. Could be real soon or much longer.

Of course I could be way off base with all of this and it could be something else entirely. Lets hope so and get they'll get our network that we paid for back up PDQ!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

LOSDROID

Modesto, Ca

data drops throughout the whole day

NO 4G at all

3G has been in and out last 3-4 hours... with complete outage of data in between

just waitin it out... :blink:

Dweib

Anybody know if satellites are involved and indeed a component of Verizon's LTE/4G system? Just curious.

J.RAZR

Would this outage have anything to do with my signal bars not turning blue(it shouldn't affect my wi-if but it won't turn blue either)

Saurumona

Thought it was the OTA on my Thunderbolt @ First.

I actually thought it was the Latest OTA update with their new RADIO push. Long story short with the older Radio on 2.11.605.5 on my Thunderbolt I didn't see any problems, except the fact that it was rooted and the OTA kept breaking my phone. Once I found a way to update my phone and have it rooted, its been bouncing between 1x 3g and 4g all day. It's actually been on 4G for the past 5 minutes.. Lets hope they fixed their little problem.

Saurumona

I actually thought it was the Latest OTA update with their new RADIO push. Long story short with the older Radio on 2.11.605.5 on my Thunderbolt I didn't see any problems, except the fact that it was rooted and the OTA kept breaking my phone. Once I found a way to update my phone and have it rooted, its been bouncing between 1x 3g and 4g all day. It's actually been on 4G for the past 5 minutes.. Lets hope they fixed their little problem.

Las Vegas , NV :p

Ansa82

Then how come my husbands blackberry & my daughters LG cismos were both fine?? They both have verizon 3G with no issues.

Ansa82

Call verizon customer svc. I told them 3 outages in Dec was too much. The rep immediately offered me a $30 credit. They were very nice & understanding about it. Most of the verizon employees have 4G phones themselves & understand

Ansa82

Ok then why does my husbands blackberry 3G work PERFECT ALL DAY while ive had nothing? Im not buying the solar flare thing! My daughters phone has been great all day too!

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
has anyone called VZW and asked if customers will see some compensation for this inconvenience? its getting more and more frequent.

Dan_08

Ok then why does my husbands blackberry 3G work PERFECT ALL DAY while ive had nothing? Im not buying the solar flare thing! My daughters phone has been great all day too!

3g works off of CDMA, LTE is different. This is most likely a network upgrade gone bad.