Ah, the simplicity and battery life of stock

Chillout

Reaction score
I've been rooting my Droid phones almost since the day I got my first one several years ago. I liked the customizations available and the infinite possibilities with roms and features.

After recently having to get a new DX I decided to stay with stock, and honestly I'm pleasantly surprised and content with it. I get all the updates VZ sends out, don't have to worry about unrooting if I need to send it back for any reason. Sure the bloatware is alittle annoying but I just ignore it. I've been rooting for so long I honestly forgot what a stock DX looks like and now with GB it's much better than before with Froyo.

The battery life is just mindblowing. running CM7 I couldn't go a full 8 hours without having to charge up so I wouldn't run out in the evening after work. Now I can unplug at 7am when I get up and still have 60% left at 5pm when I leave work.

Anyways, coming from someone who loved to root phones, stock is a nice change and overall I'm pretty happy with it.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
On a stock phone I still have to run a home/launcher replacement. I use GO Launcher EX which lets me make folders and hide apps in the app drawer, has lots of other features like a scrolling dock and gestures on the dock so your icons can do 2 things at once, and is just QUICK.

OP
Chillout

Chillout

Reaction score
oh no doubt, I use Go Launcher EX as well, and Go SMS. Both are great apps! I can't stand the stock laucher so using one like Go is a no brainer.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Have you tried running just stock rooted? Without getting all fancy?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

skennelly

Reaction score
I am currently on .602 rooted with some bloat removed. I love miui, but the battery life was awful. I like the battery life on stock, run miui launcher by tencent, and like it.

xush

Reaction score
Have you tried running just stock rooted? Without getting all fancy?

That's what I'm doing, still on Froyo. My X is problem free & I don't foresee needing to upgrade it anytime soon. Best smartphone experience so far.

leftspin

Reaction score
I wonder if there's a z4root option yet for GB..

the One Click D3 root works on the X. Not quite as simple as doing it from the phone but it's better than doing an SBF to Froyo to root and then the two part prerooted GB install

comk4ver

Reaction score
I'm on the same boat... Rooted gingerbread nothing fancy but I find my battery life blows... I guess I should start using sleep mode more right? :( I miss the ability to turn off 3g at will with weather and toggle hud.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I rooted for the ability to take screenshots and to use the Unix command line.
I have from set to reboot every Mon, Wed, and Fri. I also use cron to tar the directory where I moved the preinstalled software. Since busybox doesn't come with the applet for sar I created an alias for it using a script I made.