Netflix and Battery Life

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Has anyone else had horrible battery life while using the netflix app? Normally with my extended battery and 1.0ghz lv profile I get a solid 6-8 hours of usage (gaming, text, calls, web, Facebook, YouTube, rock player) but for some reason after watching 1 movie on netflix for 2 hours, I will be down to 50% battery. My screen brightness is around 40%, but with the extended battery this just doesn't seem right. If I was on a stock battery I would have around 30% battery or less after watching 2 hours of netflix. Anyone else having this issue?

I have tested on 2 different ROM's ZS 1.7 and TBH .595 and both had the same results. I run my processor at 1.0 lv.

Thanks!

CD95YJ

Reaction score
your phone is streaming almost 1gig of date per movie (based on my data usage calculator from before / after watching GI Joe) which is more data than you use in your "normal" usage. Streaming and decompressing that much data is going to take its toll on your battery if your not plugged in to an outlet.

GDP

Reaction score
Streaming video on a phone takes a lot of battery. Even my laptop battery drains significantly faster if I'm streaming video as opposed to just browsing the web.

OP
Juicemane

Juicemane

Bang Bang
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
your phone is streaming almost 1gig of date per movie (based on my data usage calculator from before / after watching GI Joe) which is more data than you use in your "normal" usage. Streaming and decompressing that much data is going to take its toll on your battery if your not plugged in to an outlet.

Streaming video on a phone takes a lot of battery. Even my laptop battery drains significantly faster if I'm streaming video as opposed to just browsing the web.

Guys, I'm not a retard lol. I know its using a lot of bandwidth and processor, but its not much more then when I steam via tvshowstream or movstream which both leave me with around 60-70% battery after 2 hours of usage. Just wondering if anyone else is noticing bad battery life with the netflix app.