My DX battery life findings

droidtom

Reaction score
I have been on the D1 Since January and have tried many roms on it with great results. A little over a week ago I got the itch for a DX. I knew LTE phones aren't far away, but i ran into a deal on one on craigslist so I didn't have to burn my upgrade. Anyway, I had read that the DX had fantastic battery life. I was surprised that out of the box it didn't live up to the battery life with my apps that I used with my D1. It was horrible the first day. When I brought it home the only thing I did was allow it to update OTA to 2.2 and then I used Z4 to root it. I know easy way out. I did the D1 the long way so I was capable, I just took the easy way for this one. So I started reading about improving battery life. I did the rename bit for apks for bloatware and it definitely got better the next day. A couple of days later I decided to change my mail over to hosted exchange to do away with my pop mail accounts. I previously with the D1 and the DX had one pop account checking every 5 minutes, and 2 more checking every 30 minutes. After changing to exchange and touchdown for the mail my battery life went to CRAZY good. The first morning I was looking for a charger at 11:00 in the morning. After all the changes I came home after a good bit of use yesterday, talked on the phone for another 2 hours straight till 8:00 pm and still had 40% left. I guess the moral of the story is battery life is very dependent on what apps people have running on their phones. I'm very tempted to load the UD beta when it comes out because it was my favorite rom on the D1, but I'm going to give it a few more days as is because it runs so good with such good battery life now. The change of my email made more effect than if I got an extended battery. I highly recommend changing your mail to something other than pop. Just my .02 and observations

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Concur 100% with this!! My battery life became a total non issue (it was pretty darn good before this) when I started using the Gmail app for all my accounts. Google polls the pop3 accounts and when it finds emails, they are pushed to my phone. Plus, Google checks the emails more frequently than i ever did when I was using K-9 email app.

Good tip DT!!