Droid X Battery Life on CM7 vs Liberty vs Apex vs stock gingerbread

socalocalsd

Reaction score
Always on the lookout for the next best rom and I am always flashing new ones to try out so I have used quite a few. Recently i sbf my droid x back to stock and let it update to stock gingerbread so i can return it due to dead pixels and so far I have noticed a drop in battery life. I have tried all the listed roms above and battery life had varied on all. I should add that i run all the sam apps on each rom so no difference in apps or usage. This isn't a comparison of functionality between these roms its just battery life and what you have experienced with all or any. Feel free to add roms you think should be on the list.

Inorder from best battery life to worst:
1. Apex
2. Liberty
3. CM7
4. Stock

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have been on the leaks, ZombieStomped and Apex. Apex has had the best battery life so far and the most stable

sent from my ApeX

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Not exactly on topic...but how long have you tested each ROM? I have yet to install any of the custom ROMs, am on rooted stock .596. But, the first two days battery life was horrible, and on the third day after a couple of full battery cycles it was like the battery doubled (yes I had wiped battery stats right after the flash).

So just wondering if you wiped stats and gave it a few days for everything to align itself. I have been wanting to install Liberty or CM7 but I have everything running great right now so I almost don't want to mess with it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always calibrate my battery as soon as I can after flashing a new rom

sent from my ApeX

OP
S

socalocalsd

Reaction score
Not exactly on topic...but how long have you tested each ROM? I have yet to install any of the custom ROMs, am on rooted stock .596. But, the first two days battery life was horrible, and on the third day after a couple of full battery cycles it was like the battery doubled (yes I had wiped battery stats right after the flash).

So just wondering if you wiped stats and gave it a few days for everything to align itself. I have been wanting to install Liberty or CM7 but I have everything running great right now so I almost don't want to mess with it.

No worries about the topic haha.
Good point about giving it a few days I have only had it for 2 days now and haven't wiped battery stats but im not too worried as im bringing it in to verizon soon to get a replacement (This will be my 4th droid x due to bad screen).

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I have great battery life with Liberty GB. Apex was also good, but I wasn't on that ROM long enough to really judge. I only run stock when I have to, and have yet to install CM7. So I really can't comment on the comparisons, but my battery life rocks with Liberty GB.

quaffapint

Reaction score
I'm currently on Liberty - anyone notice any diff between liberty and liberty GB in terms of battery life?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm currently on Liberty - anyone notice any diff between liberty and liberty GB in terms of battery life?

I can't say for sure, but typically, Froyo ROMs generally get better battery life than GB ROMs.

sent from my ApeX

cjriddle22

Reaction score

I can't say for sure, but typically, Froyo ROMs generally get better battery life than GB ROMs.

sent from my ApeX

I have had better luck with the GB ROMs. I get great battery life with LGB. It has been a while since I ran a Froyo ROM, but I am very happy with the battery life on GB.

jonathon1289

Reaction score
Rooted stock GB is getting better battery life for me than any of the Froyo roms I ever used. I have hit 48 hours with a single charge. I average 30 hours tho with display on time of 5-6 hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums