LauncherPro saves battery?

Lukerative

Reaction score
Hello dedicated community,

I just got two DX's yesterday (one for me, one for my sister). The battery life on my sister's is a lot worse than mine, and after going through side-by-side all the settings, the only difference in DX's is that mine is running LP. My battery life has been awesome so far, running heavy use because I just got it, lasted all day, after I calibrated it.

I've been running LauncherPro since I got the phone. So question, if I install LP on her DX, will she lose her icon/homescreen setup? or will it fill in?

Is it a common occurance for LP to save battery?

rmp459

Reaction score
prob more likely that some of the dx's went out with sub par batteries... including mine.

Elkay

Reaction score
Have you done a couple complete power cycles of the battery on both devices? It's possible that your sister's is showing the battery as a lot lower than it actually is because it hasn't been "trained" to see rock bottom.

OP
L

Lukerative

Reaction score
Have you done a couple complete power cycles of the battery on both devices? It's possible that your sister's is showing the battery as a lot lower than it actually is because it hasn't been "trained" to see rock bottom.

I appreciate the optimism. I am almost done with a full cycle on my device, but "supposedly" she's done one already. I dunno if I trust her seeing as she hasn't been away from the thing for more than an hour. I'm still bugging her about that and will probably end up forcing her to do 2 more complete cycles, just to make sure.

I'm debating installing LP on hers now, I just dunno if I have any more patience to re-teach and set up all the settings again... haha

Thanks again, awesome community.

heycow

Reaction score
There's a simpler solution, just swap batteries and see if anything changes.

OP
L

Lukerative

Reaction score
yeeeeeeeah, i'm not risking losing my battery forever... haha