Age of Empires?????

izzyfanto

Reaction score
see below posts for Age of Empires III Mobile for running through a Java emulator on Android. Enjoy! :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

jessel0001

Reaction score
Nice work! This would be sweet. I haven't played age of empires in over ten years, I would love to get down on some old school rts.

OP
izzyfanto

izzyfanto

Reaction score
4865b397-2f5b-44de.jpg
4865b397-2f6a-7d82.jpg
4865b397-30a3-fd5c.jpg

finally! although I haven't played around with it in landscape mode due to the fact the game was designed for a tiny portrait screen and not everyone has a physical keyboard. anyways, it works pretty well, considering the circumstances. im keeping my fingers crossed for an official version. but this should hold me over. i'll upload the files and instructions today! :)
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
izzyfanto

izzyfanto

Reaction score
download and install App Runner(it is a Java emulator):
App Runner

then download the APK i made below and install it (this is the combination of the JAD and JAR files):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18623262/AOEIIImobile.apk

the find the installed app(it should have an icon with a old school sailors style hat) and open it up. once it has opened up, you'll need to adjust some settings to get it to look like it does in the screenshot above. hit the menu button and go to system menu, then settings.

1. check "i want to specify size"
2. check "auto detect game canvas"
3. set display width to 235
4. set display height to 320

then back out of the settings and it should restart the Emulator automatically.

now hit the menu button>system menu>(all the way down) "keypad-eightpad-1"

also, the back button for the game is the very bottom right, light gray square. :)

that should do it! dancedroid

cafehonor

Reaction score
AOEIII fan here, from way back. Thanks for building this app! Unfortunately, I'm getting a parsing error. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
izzyfanto

izzyfanto

Reaction score
AOEIII fan here, from way back. Thanks for building this app! Unfortunately, I'm getting a parsing error. Any ideas?

might be the manifest isn't unpacking correctly...maybe due to corrupt download. i'd try downloading the file again and transferring the new file to your sdcard and deleting the old one. and just to check, you did install the java emulator first, right? let me know how it goes :)

EDIT: i have only tested this only on my original Moto Droid 1...haven't been able to try it on a Moto DX. might be something related to the phone model, but i don't see why it shouldn't install either way. also, do you have "unknown sources" checked? it lets the phone install non market APKs.

SLR

Reaction score

might be the manifest isn't unpacking correctly...maybe due to corrupt download. i'd try downloading the file again and transferring the new file to your sdcard and deleting the old one. and just to check, you did install the java emulator first, right? let me know how it goes :)

EDIT: i have only tested this only on my original Moto Droid 1...haven't been able to try it on a Moto DX. might be something related to the phone model, but i don't see why it shouldn't install either way. also, do you have "unknown sources" checked? it lets the phone install non market APKs.

I am also an AOE fan and would like to try out this game on my phone.

However, I have a Droid X and I am also getting a parsing error when attempting to install the APK. I already have the JAVA Emulator installed and re-downloaded the APK; I have also checked everything else.

Reaction score
If I got this game on my phone I would need a bigger battery AND get fired from my job for not working hahaha I LOOOOVED these games! (1 and 2 at least)

Sent from my Droid

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Gawd I wanna try this.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
izzyfanto

izzyfanto

Reaction score
EDIT: i redownloaded the file from where i have it hosted and tried to install that file and got the same error y'all are getting. i'm going to reupload the APK today :) (i was reading through some forums, and someone mentioned that after signing the APK, if they renamed it, that would cause the file to become corrupt and give a parsing error

OP
izzyfanto

izzyfanto

Reaction score
alright, just uploaded the new file dancedroid

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Not having any luck downloading your apk, i waited for the page to load for ~15 minutes, tried refreshing, still no go.

OP
izzyfanto

izzyfanto

Reaction score
lol my bad, i copied the private link. just corrected to the public link. sorry :)