1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pocket Empires is ********** ME OFF

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by PolyOlefin, Apr 23, 2010.

1. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin New Member

Does anyone else notice that virtually EVERY FREE ANDROID GAME is spammed with "redeem this code for free gems in Pocket Empires" comments?! It's to the point where I get angry seeing it.

I'm also starting to think they're in cahoots with the game's developer. Lots of other games give bonuses for referral codes, but ONLY Pocket Empires plagues the Marketplace comments with spam. More people playing = more $$$ made through AdMob.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2010
  2. stumpie

stumpie New Member

PolyOlefin , I agree with you 100 % ! It ticks me off also . I wish their was a way to stop it ....
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

4. bryan.teeples

bryan.teeples New Member

Agreed. I just mark the comments as Spam whenever I see them. I play PE and enjoy it, but posting your referal code in the comments secion of a completly unrelated app is rediculous.
  5. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

I couldn't agree more, in regular apps, I see, "USE referal code, blah in this ****ty game"

I want to report every comment I see, but I don't have that kind of time.
  6. td854

td854 New Member

I don't like seeing the referral codes for various games posted in this forum, let alone random apps comments.
  7. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

It's extremely annoying and it's on nearly every app you read comments about. Maybe if they pull the game off the system for a week it will stop.
  8. mythicalelf

mythicalelf New Member

I hate it also @30% are for pocket empires in every game. I just mark as spam, but dont know if it really helps.
  9. chomorro

chomorro New Member

I play the game a lot and i love it but i do agree with you guys. It should be common sense not be spamming everywhere but free things always bring out the greed in people.

They already posted a poll in game and the majority of players 3500 vs 1200 are voting to keep the referral system so even though i put in my vote for no, i have a feeling it will stick around.

I say email the developers for the best result, they check their mail every ten minutes.
  10. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

This thread is startingg to pop up everywhere on android forums now. Over on reddit someoneposted a chatlog of the developers awarding 1000 free gems to all who help spam the game to get more players
  11. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

It is very annoying and they are also very insistent like somebody cares about their referral code .
    BTW if you get Pocket Empires please use this referral code GKER43D , if you do I'll personally bring you a Droid Incredible and cook diner for you .
  12. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Well, if it makes you feel any better I permanently banned the guy yesterday for spamming. He shouldn't be around here anymore.
  13. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

Oh so you did ban him? Lol. Wonder what happened with his threads.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  14. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

I am actually starting to get joy out of reporting those comments as SPAM, it makes me feel like I'm doing something, though I'm sure in the big picture it doesn't matter.
  15. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

Lol. I meant threads about people fed up with the spam from the game

16. PolyOlefin

PolyOlefin New Member

This is the root of the issue. The developers are the source of the spam! I wonder if reporting this to Google would do anything...

As a side note, I don't really support killing ads on apps that you enjoy. I will probably develop an app within the next couple months, but this kind of stuff almost discourages me from trying. I believe the New York Times (correct me if I'm wrong) had a good article about how browser ad-blockers are killing the websites you love to visit, despite how annoying ads can be.

If you find the app to be really useful, let the developer recoup the costs, maybe make a little profit. They're not charging you for it!
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  17. td854

td854 New Member

I understand what you're trying to say, but afaik the real "revenue" from ads/banners comes from actually clicking on them, and even then if you don't click on them and you're not looking at them to begin with, there's really no harm done. I don't watch commercials on TV when I rarely do watch TV, why? DVR. In fact the whole reason I've stopped watching TV for the most part are commercials in the first place. Chances are the ones that are using the ad blocking software to begin with, are the ones that never look at or click the ads to begin with. Anyway, just my two cents.
  18. droidberg

droidberg New Member

This thread is really great, but you know what's even better? Pocket Empires absolutely rules! Use reference code omfg for 100 free gems!!!

Yeah, it's annoying.
  19. SpykeZ

SpykeZ New Member

ooooo I see what you did thar! Lucky too, I was gunna donkey punch you for that. :icon_eek:
  20. Varking

Varking New Member

The developers posted they will be banning people who spam their codes in the reviews of other games.
Search tags for this page
find glitches in pocket empires
glitchear gemas pocket empires
glitches in pocket empires
how to glitch gems in pocket empires
how to glitch gems on pocket empires

how to glitch pocket empires

how to make gems in pocket empires
pocket empires gem glitch
pocket empires gems
pocket empires gems glitches

pocket empires glitch