Add 4G LTE Wifi To Your Car With Samsung's New Dongle

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Your phone actually charges in the car? If I'm using GPS, a car charger just makes my phone die slower haha even in my 12v input
As others have already mentioned you need a better charger. I use a wireless air dock charger that is rated at ~800mah charging rate and it keeps my phone slowly charging up(3% every 5-6 minutes) while screen is on using gps navigation and streaming Google music through Bluetooth.
Get a charger that's rated at least 2.1 amps or a quick charger if your phone is compatible with it, charges my wife's lg g4 from zero to hero in about 40 minutes.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
As others have already mentioned you need a better charger. I use a wireless air dock charger that is rated at ~800mah charging rate and it keeps my phone slowly charging up(3% every 5-6 minutes) while screen is on using gps navigation and streaming Google music through Bluetooth.
Get a charger that's rated at least 2.1 amps or a quick charger if your phone is compatible with it, charges my wife's lg g4 from zero to hero in about 40 minutes.

Thanks, really good to know, I have the G4 as well! I was using a Verizon car charger and just assumed it would charge it being from a phone carrier and not just some $5 gas station charger

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks, really good to know, I have the G4 as well! I was using a Verizon car charger and just assumed it would charge it being from a phone carrier and not just some $5 gas station charger
That used to be the case, but different OEMs using different standards have created different tolerances for amount of juice that a phone can take and needs to take to properly charge. A good clue is to look at the Output values on the charger that came with your phone. Find a car charger that has the same output and you'll be good to go.

If your phone has QuickCharge 2.0 or something similar, it's also not a horrible idea to look for a car charger that has the same tech.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
cec59afda9e75797243807f319182881.jpg

33jlpjm.jpg

Minutes the holes in the box courtesy of my son...

20utjk3.jpg

2463ud4.jpg

Got this one at Best Buy. Works great with Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nice prices. I hope the quality is up to snuff.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm puzzled. The title says add 4G WiFi, but the description only says it provides WiFi. Where does the 4G come from?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm puzzled. The title says add 4G WiFi, but the description only says it provides WiFi. Where does the 4G come from?

The devices connects to 4G and you connect to it via WiFi.

Correct. The dongle serves as a Wi-Fi hotspot while in or near the car by having its own cellular data connection. It will have its own phone number assigned to it and it's essentially a cellular phone without speaker, microphone or display. It's sole purpose is to be the bridge between Wi-Fi enabled devices and the internet via 4G LTE internet service from the cellular carrier.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok. I get it now.
Thanks guys!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Correct. The dongle serves as a Wi-Fi hotspot while in or near the car by having its own cellular data connection. It will have its own phone number assigned to it and it's essentially a cellular phone without speaker, microphone or display. It's sole purpose is to be the bridge between Wi-Fi enabled devices and the internet via 4G LTE internet service from the cellular carrier.

MiFi would probably best describe this.

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
very interesting, but how much does it cost? below 80$ it would intéréssantbe good

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
samsung galaxy s7 galaxy s7 edge

Last edited: