Samsung Galaxy 4G LTE Camera Officially Announced by Verizon; Coming December 15th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-camera-side-angle-black.jpg

It looks like Verizon decided to officially confirm what Samsung shared with us about the Galaxy Camera. Verizon just issued an official press statement sharing the December 15th availability of the world's first 4G LTE camera. Big Red plans to offer the new Android 4.1/Jelly Bean equipped Samsung Galaxy Camera to customers. Here's the full press release with details,

Connected devices are a new way to think about wireless beyond smartphones and tablets.

Having your smartphone or tablet connected to 4G LTE means you’re constantly ready and one step ahead. When a great idea comes to you, there’s no need to wait, you can save it as a note on your smartphone, e-mail it to a friend or share with the world.

Now, innovative technology is bringing 4G LTE connectivity to additional personal devices, such as the camera. Available online starting Dec. 13, Verizon Wireless will offer the Samsung Galaxy Camera™, the first 4G LTE camera in the world. With Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, high performance photography, and Verizon’s 4G LTE network, the Galaxy Camera allows users to shoot, edit and share high quality images and video.

Social media enthusiasts will be able to connect to their accounts through their camera and upload pictures and videos of outings, concerts and parties as they happen. Shutterbugs and bloggers who post images on their sites will be able to upload photos over 4G LTE instead of waiting to use their computers at home.

The Galaxy Camera features a 4.8-inch HD Super Clear LCD touch screen and runs Android Jelly Bean, so users have full access to Android apps from the Google Play store like Instagram.

This is all combined with other high quality features such as a 16-megapixel lens, 21x optical zoom lens and optical image stabilization for clearer pictures even while moving.

The Galaxy Camera will be available for $549.99 and come in two colors, Cobalt Black, exclusive to Verizon Wireless, and White. Users will be able to add the Samsung Galaxy Camera to their Share Everything account for the promotional price of $5 per month.

Source: Verizon

swc2001

Reaction score
So why are they not also making this a phone as well? I think that would make this cool device AWESOME!! For some people like my mother in law who wants a camera with a little bit of phone feature this would be perfect!!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea but I agree with you, but as I said in an earlier thread. If they made it a phone, people would complain it's yo big. It is sad tho for those of us how ergonomics sometimes don't fit into the pic, and it's sometimes beneficial to get the end result you were expecting for.

Reaction score
The verizon spec page for this baby gives it "Usage time - up to 2 hours" which is absolutely pathetic. Definitely didn't need a 4G radio if you ask me.