ActiveSync on Exchange 2003

Diggit2001

Reaction score
Hello folks. I am the System Administrator where I work and although I do not use a Droid phone, we have about 10 or so users here that do. My Exchange 2003 server started going crazy a little over a week ago. Ever since then, the CPU usage is pretty much pegged at about 100% constantly. Normally troubleshooting an issue like this is relatively easy in that you just look at the process eating up all the CPU and go from there. In this particular case, there is no single process eating up all the CPU. Its several different ones.

I had been hearing from a bunch of our Droid Incredible users that they had started having troubles with their devices syncing to our Exchange server. They were now receiving 4 or 5 instances of each of their calendar appointments quite regularly. If they'd delete the dupes out of Outlook, they'd just show back up again soon thereafter. It was discovered that these issues started happening after applying the Froyo update. Battery life of their devices has drastically decreased as well.

Although I am currently unable to prove it, I believe that these newly upgraded Incredibles are secretly conspiring to take down my Exchange server. I have thought about completely removing the ActiveSync connection from each device but I know that this will not go over well with my users. I am just posting this in the hopes that someone else out there is having the same problem and they (hopefully) found the magic solution to fix it.

Anyone? Please?
:)

I appreciate any insight that can be lent.
Thanks very much
-Chris

gmcam

Reaction score
Exchange Active Sync

Chris,

I can confirm that the update happened recently (every droid user got it on a different date but the earliest I can find is September 1rst. I do not have a solution to the problem and can also confirm that this HTC Incredible users only. However, this is not the only problem with the active sync (HTC must have stock in the app called touchdown). All forums are touting switching to this app and paying the $25-40 (ive seen many different prices) to correct the problem as well as delete the account and re-add it. I am still looking... and hoping to find solution. I looked all through my exchange servers event logs and cannot find anything pertaining to single droid instances (other than event id 500 for activesync). I know this doesn't help but others are feeling your pain. Hope this gives you a little more information.

gmcam

OP
D

Diggit2001

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. Good to know I'm not alone. I'm not so much worried about the Droids not working as I am the effects they're having on my Exchange server. The poor old girl is too old for this! Ha ha ha.

Thanks again.
-Chris

schoust

Reaction score
I got real tired myself with the Htc sence active sync not working?? So we went to Touch Down too. But this is not my biggest issue we will be switching to a phone that can VPN since this phone is not capable...