According to Google ICS 4.0.3 coming to devices in the coming weeks

Scribble

Reaction score
Yeah Motorola has one of the largest portfolios of patents for mobile devices out there.

I don't put too much stock in Google not interfering though. They can't outright say they're going to start making phones... That would only lend fuel to anti-competitive arguments against the acquisition.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Actually, the acquisition is not complete, but it was announced today that major hurdles in moving forward were cleared today (see article)
http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2152446/Google-Motorola-Acquisition-Approved-in-U.S.-EU

With that said, Google will need to be careful about how they push ICS to the multiple vendors they support, so I would not expect that they will give Motorola any real edge or they will piss off a whole bunch of folks that they count on for their livelihood :happy3:
(Flip-side though... don't forget that Android Central mentioned that Motorola got ICS for the Bionic back in December as I recall.)
I'm still thinking around May/June, but I'd like to be proved wrong :biggrin:

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, the acquisition is not complete, but it was announced today that major hurdles in moving forward were cleared today (see article)
Google-Motorola Acquisition Approved in U.S., EU - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

With that said, Google will need to be careful about how they push ICS to the multiple vendors they support, so I would not expect that they will give Motorola any real edge or they will piss off a whole bunch of folks that they count on for their livelihood :happy3:
(Flip-side though... don't forget that Android Central mentioned that Motorola got ICS for the Bionic back in December as I recall.)
I'm still thinking around May/June, but I'd like to be proved wrong :biggrin:
is googles purchase of moto really going to cause antitrust laws to be violated (aka monopoly) in the cell phone market/OS market i understand the patent problem but there main concern is the antitrust laws being violated i didnt think android was that widely used

BroidDrionic

Reaction score

Since they own Motorola now, I highly expect that the next nexus phone will be manufactured by anyone other than Motorola and Google. This implies that, just like with samsung and google and the galaxy nexus are now with android 4.0, android 5.0 will debut on a motorola/google partnership phone!

silvrbullt1

Reaction score
Google has the approval from the United States to buy Motorola Mobility just today, they still have China, Israel, Taiwan to OK it before it goes down.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk