According to Google ICS 4.0.3 coming to devices in the coming weeks

moset

Reaction score
Moto will have to Blurr it first. Devs will likely have it working long before Moto and VZW are ready to release.
Yes, the ROM out now from DHacker has bugs but considering he's working with a locked bootloader so he can't change the kernel he's way ahead of the curve.
My bet is Th3ory, CM, or another dev will have it functional in weeks if not sooner.
Cam and data are about all that still has to be fixed in DH's build.
Just saying.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

alienware777

Reaction score
I'm thinking by "other devices" what they mean is "other NEXUS devices"....such as the Nexus S. And as for the Moto is going to update phones like the Razr and Bionic to ICS in the beginning of January.....I find that HIGHLY doubtful. Just being honest....I would hope....hope....for middle of the year....

A week or so ago they stated ics would be blurred in 6 months. So yeah its not coming anytime soon to the razr

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zathus

Reaction score
Who really knows what "the next few weeks" means....Could be three, four, or ten!

So true, it would be so awesome and cool if Google just put there foot down and said enough of these UIs. You get rid of blur, touch and sence and phones get updated so much faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Thinking June-July timeframe. Was talking with Verizon tech, he said sure we'll see it, but, "it would be a few months".

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
So true, it would be so awesome and cool if Google just put there foot down and said enough of these UIs. You get rid of blur, touch and sence and phones get updated so much faster.

Hmm, idk, I have a Droid 1 so I don't have any ui overlay but I have played around with other phones and I kinda like sense, it looks pretty nice and has lots of extra features and customizations...I'm sure people feel the same way about the other ui's too (personally I think blur is ugly and touchwiz is just whatever but everyone has their opinions)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
jeremym

jeremym

Reaction score
Thinking June-July timeframe. Was talking with Verizon tech, he said sure we'll see it, but, "it would be a few months".

Verizon techs get their news here like us. Ask the next one what Droid forums they visit...they will say this one or Android Forums.

He might be right but he is giving general consensus of what he read online.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon techs get their news here like us. Ask the next one what Droid forums they visit...they will say this one or Android Forums.

He might be right but he is giving general consensus of what he read online.

Lol, I'll have to do that

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

motaumar

Reaction score
That is true. They are always late with their release dates. Hopefully they prove us wrong this time lol and get it out fast.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cam and data are about all that still has to be fixed in DH's build.
Just saying.

I believe that these things not working are due to a lack of certain Motorola proprietary drivers needed to make them work. I would assume that the timeline for fixing this would be dependent on someone getting ahold of these drivers.

EDIT: Well, that or the current GB baseband doesn't play nice with ICS.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

You know, thinking back on it I could have sworn that Google made a statement back when ICS was announced that one of the directions they wanted to go with the new OS was to eliminate 3rd party OS skins like Sense and Blur.

Would be funny if ICS came out, and Blur went bye-bye *LOL*

jt122333221

Reaction score
You know, thinking back on it I could have sworn that Google made a statement back when ICS was announced that one of the directions they wanted to go with the new OS was to eliminate 3rd party OS skins like Sense and Blur.

Would be funny if ICS came out, and Blur went bye-bye *LOL*

Moto is owned by Google, so it wouldn't surprise me if they did away with that feature.

I personally like MotoBlur - especially how they've redone it for the bionic. It's not as invasive as it was on the original phone that came with it.

I also can't wait for ICS. I've been tempted to root and test out a custom rom on it but I've read that there are a lot of bugs with the few roms available.

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
don't get too excited about Google having their way with Moto handsets... they have said several times that the would not be involved with operations or production of Motorola Hardware ... they were more interested in aquiring the patents that motorola holds in the mobile industry

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
don't get too excited about Google having their way with Moto handsets... they have said several times that the would not be involved with operations or production of Motorola Hardware ... they were more interested in aquiring the patents that motorola holds in the mobile industry
what patents are they so interested in that they would buy out one of the top leading smartphone developing companies?

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
what patents are they so interested in that they would buy out one of the top leading smartphone developing companies?

I don't remember all the details but the articles were from aug/sept last year... moto has over 17,000 patents in it's hot little hands that will help Google defend the android platform from apple and microsoft attacks... that's the "in a nutshell" version of a much larger story i guess.