A few questions on GN

shizumie

Reaction score
So i have a few questions.... First off i have a thunderbolt, rooted and romed and love it. I get great performance and battery life. However i am very interested in the GN, but i do have a few concerns. I have had moto and htc, never a sammy. Walnt go back to moto, like htc although i de-sense.
First off the no sd... Every phone i have had to use cwm or flash anything you had to have file on ext sd. (Unless you wanted to use a pc every time). So what will this mean for GN? No on phone flashing? Partition a porgion of internal?
2nd what does sammy have? Ie motoblur.. sense.. anything?
3rd what kind of development support will this phone get from rooting romming community?
4th is there anything on the horizon comparable to GN but with sd support?

I know this is a lot, but really liing this phone minus sd, if it is cwm compatable and have nice dev i will preorder as soo as available and gladly be a devs guinnypig.

sent while flying my kite in the rain

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Samsung haves there UI called TouchWiz, however this is a PURE GOOGLE phone so that means it wont have a custom UI. It will come stock ICS. And this device will get alot of Dev support since its basically stock, and the Nexus line of phones are developer phones.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1.It has partitioned internal memory.
2.It is a Nexus so it is Vanilla ICS.
3.Most likely a lot of Dev's as has been the experience with every Nexus device.
4.I'm sure there will be a phone out with an SD, but this phone is the rage.

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Thanks malv.. what about cwm on a sd free phone?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
And if nothing else you should updates directly from Google. So in theory you will receive OS updates first straight from them.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Thanks malv.. what about cwm on a sd free phone?

The Nexus S, which I believe was the last one, did not have an SD and they received custom recovery and ROMs. I would think the same should be true for the GN.

OP
shizumie

shizumie

Reaction score
Thanks jsm..n guid
Nex really looks nice! To b honest i love my bolt, but my father really wants (one of them touchy phones with a bible) lol his line is already on my acount so he gets my bolt n i get a new toy. ;-)
I really like features of bionic and can get it for 200 right now from vzw but i need a nice camera, n from what iv read the gN seams to be packin!

xandor

Reaction score
The D3 has CWM without an SD, btw. So it has been done.

I thought the D3 had a microSD card...just under the battery like the D2? The specs list it anyway. I haven't physically worked a D3 yet, so no first hand info here.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I thought the D3 had a microSD card...just under the battery like the D2? The specs list it anyway. I haven't physically worked a D3 yet, so no first hand info here.

D3 has a sdcard slot under the battery cover. You don't have to remove the battery to remove the sdcard. But it does not come with one.
Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk