A few problems with this refurb

skyshadow

Reaction score
I have had this refurb droid 3 for about 3 weeks and I seem to have a few problems. The first is that when im in the dark I can see light shining through below the menu buttons. Secondly the phone feels like it has loosened a bit from the keyboard when sliding it open and closed. Third is weird but I had it with my last refurb d3 too. Sometimes when playing games the phone will get really laggy and start making a kind of almost speaker popping noise. Rebooting makes this go away for awhile. Anyone have any advice?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I had light leakage with my D2G. It's a defect, of course. I also had dust behind the screen, probably related to the gap that must've been between the screen and its frame.

Someone else on this forum had a similar issue with his phone making popping and crackling noises. I can't remember if he was playing games or watching videos, though. I tried to Google for some info and came up empty-handed.

As for your keyboard, that would trouble me the most (although that combination of the three problems seems to indicate a mechanically-flawed device that probably shouldn't be kept). The keyboard seems to be the weakest physical feature of your phone and I would be concerned about how well it will hold up, unless you don't wait out your upgrade period before buying something new.

I'd tell Verizon the phone is defective, show them what you mean (if possible) and tell them you want a different one.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Well this is my second refurb droid 3. How many have you had and how long have you had your current one with issues?

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Well this is my second refurb droid 3. How many have you had and how long have you had your current one with issues?

I had the light bleeding issues on a new D3, it was actually a pre-order before it was released to verizon so when I talked to verizon about replacement I made sure that I got a new phone not a refurb. 9 times out of 10 the refurb will have more problems than the phone your replacing. I had to pay a 200 deposit on the new phone and it was refunded when I sent the old one back. Just keep sending it back until you get one that works like its supposed to. Sounds like the refurb they sent you is just plain grabage.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
That's the problem they refuse to give me anything but refurbs. I mean I know im almost near the end of the warranty but seriously this sucks.

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I never sent back a D2G or D3. I'll tolerate small pains in the ass, but I wouldn't tolerate a loose keyboard. I don't always keep my phones for the life of my contract, but I like to think my phones have the potential for longevity.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
That's the problem they refuse to give me anything but refurb

I know, I meant keep sending the refurbs back until you get one that is so refurbished lol.

I've had 4 phones since I signed my contract. When I buy a new phone, if its defected in ANY way it will be send back for a new replacement. I only accepted a few refurbs and they were all sold as new/refurb in order to upgrade.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
So I need to know if the problems im experiencing are normal and wear and tear or actual issues

Shimmy549

Reaction score
I don't consider light leak and popping speakers to be normal wear-and-tear. I can see a keyboard getting loose over time (although that's still the biggest problem, in my opinion), but the other things shouldn't be expected.

OP
S

skyshadow

Reaction score
Im concerned about the popping. It doesnt do it with music, only games. Maybe something wrong with the gpu?

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
My D3 also sometimes starts stuttering and the sound crackles and pops when playing games. Sometimes it's so bad it makes games unplayable and I have to restart my phone. It's one of the only problems I have with it. I don't think this is an issue with just your particular phone, I think it's a driver/software issue that would need to be dealt with in an update.