905 Soak Test

CPKIII

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know, that this looks like a Soak test. I just got an email from Motorola.

"Thanks for signing up for the Motorola Feedback Network test of software for your Droid Bionic on Verizon. In a bit of a timing surprise, you may already be seeing the software downloading to your Bionic."

So doesn't look like everyone will get this just yet.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm confused here, VZW says they are proud to announce a new update before it soak tests? I was really hoping this soak test would be ICS, since Verizon makes it sound like 905 is already official and ready to download.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't think its a soak, 905 has gone live I believe.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
That email didn't say it was a soak - they could've been saying it's started going out already and just didn't word it well, and wanted to let all of those who signed up for the soak know what was going on... Just a guess

OP
CPKIII

CPKIII

Reaction score
A screen shot of the email I got for what it is worth. :)

soak.JPG

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
That email didn't say it was a soak - they could've been saying it's started going out already and just didn't word it well, and wanted to let all of those who signed up for the soak know what was going on... Just a guess

"We will be soaking through the weekend, and I will also send out a survey, probably Sunday, for your evaluations."

Would be funny if .905 ISN'T the soak test though, and we start getting something else *LOL* Could be a soak test beginning immediately after an official release, and the timing is throwing us off.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm, so vzw says its hot, and the email says its a soak. Idk...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, so vzw says its hot, and the email says its a soak. Idk...

That's why Matt should inform us as to what build we should actually be expecting. You'd think VZW would know what they have and haven't approved *LOL*

OP
CPKIII

CPKIII

Reaction score
"We will be soaking through the weekend, and I will also send out a survey, probably Sunday, for your evaluations."

Would be funny if .905 ISN'T the soak test though, and we start getting something else *LOL* Could be a soak test beginning immediately after an official release, and the timing is throwing us off.

So you are saying there is a chance I could be soak testing ICS this weekend... YES!!!!!

A man can dream.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
So you are saying there is a chance I could be soak testing ICS this weekend... YES!!!!!

A man can dream.

Probably not, VZW likely just jumped the gun posting the PDF. At this point not sure WHAT is going on. I figured it might be ICS since Matt's email said "In a bit of a timing surprise" - which lead me to believe we might see ICS before "early Q3 2012"

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's why Matt should inform us as to what build we should actually be expecting. You'd think VZW would know what they have and haven't approved *LOL*

I agree, matt has been quiet lately though. At least from what I've been seeing. I'm here alot more than.I'm there though :)

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I could be wrong guys, but IMHO there's no way you're soaking ics this weekend. It would be nice for bionic users though. And the timing surprise leaves this open to all sorts of interpretation....

In other words... here we go again lol

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
There's a release notes thing in the private forum now, as we expected it's just .905