905 Soak Test

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
sugarfoots said:
Still nothing. This is a warranty replacement Bionic I just got last week, never rooted.

You need to log on to Moto and update your new IMEI/ser# to get the soak updates!
Maybe you'll be up for the ICS soak when it comes Q3.
They should be pushing the update to everyone else after the survey on Sunday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
On your dialer type in *#06# what's listed as your hex # is your ImeI or meid

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still nothing. This is a warranty replacement Bionic I just got last week, never rooted.

Three things about OTA (Over The Air) updates...

1) They are RANDOM. So random that if you bought 2 Bionics the same day, one could get an update days after the other. Back in 2009 when the OG Droid was getting its first update, someone had set up a Google map where you could "stick a pin" showing where and when you got the update. No rhyme or reason at all.

2) They can load in the background. If they do, when you bring your phone up from sleep (i.e., bringing the screen up) it'll say you have an update available. This is assuming you leave your phone on (maybe connected to a charger) all the time.

3) When you check for updates, you are sending a signal to the carrier. The carrier checks your version and IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number and if you're scheduled to receive it, you'll see a message saying so. This means that if you're scheduled to get an update on June 18th at 3:47am, your phone will say that it's "Up to date" even though others have been getting the update since June 12th.

At this point only the people who are doing the soak test are receiving it. Once the survey is done (maybe by Sunday) the rest of us will be getting it.

sugarfoots

Reaction score
Three things about OTA (Over The Air) updates...

1) They are RANDOM. So random that if you bought 2 Bionics the same day, one could get an update days after the other. Back in 2009 when the OG Droid was getting its first update, someone had set up a Google map where you could "stick a pin" showing where and when you got the update. No rhyme or reason at all.

2) They can load in the background. If they do, when you bring your phone up from sleep (i.e., bringing the screen up) it'll say you have an update available. This is assuming you leave your phone on (maybe connected to a charger) all the time.

3) When you check for updates, you are sending a signal to the carrier. The carrier checks your version and IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number and if you're scheduled to receive it, you'll see a message saying so. This means that if you're scheduled to get an update on June 18th at 3:47am, your phone will say that it's "Up to date" even though others have been getting the update since June 12th.

At this point only the people who are doing the soak test are receiving it. Once the survey is done (maybe by Sunday) the rest of us will be getting

I did add my new IMEI number, maybe an hour before the email from Matt, and have tried all the tricks I know to get the update, but still nothing. What you're saying makes complete sense tho, so I guess I'll just wait around. At least it's not ICS.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo

Sorry sugerfoots, if you only updated your IMEI an hour before you got the e-mail, there is no way that was in time for the soak! It was sent to your old one for sure!!!

Trifool

Reaction score
I have had my Bionic since late October and never signed up for testing anything. I got the 905 OTA on Friday. With the previous version I was having no issues with connectivity or speed. I live in San Jose. After installing 905 what I have noticed is when on the internet, if Google related I have no issues. If I try a web page like Yahoo Sports, ESPN or Weather.com the pages take forever to load. I also have had issues with 2 Apps (SportsMobile & Weather) where they cannot connect to their respective servers. I did just update SportsMobile yesterday so I can't say for sure it's the OTA or the App itself. I have pulled my battery & SIM, started phone & allowed to boot to home page, turned phone off, reinstalled SIM and started phone to reinitiate a connection. Again I haven't signed up for any type of testing. I am not one that would root a phone or run something different then what the mfg provides. I do come to the forums just to see how & what is going on with the Bionic. I have attached a screenprint of what I am running on my phone...

ForumRunner_20120609_112850.png