905 Soak Test

sugarfoots

Reaction score
Newbie Question...

OK, so I have had a droid for the past few years, but just recently joined the motorola feedback forum so I can participate in soak tests... maybe the answer is out there somewhere, but just thought i'd ask...

when you participate in a soak test, does mfb send you an email with a link or do i need to keep checking for updates or is it pushed out or what???

thanks for the info!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
sugarfoots said:
OK, so I have had a droid for the past few years, but just recently joined the motorola feedback forum so I can participate in soak tests... maybe the answer is out there somewhere, but just thought i'd ask...

when you participate in a soak test, does mfb send you an email with a link or do i need to keep checking for updates or is it pushed out or what???

thanks for the info!

Its pushed Ota , and we are getting it pushed to us today, got mine already 2 hours ago!!! check out the other threads, its on fire right now!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

wseyller

Reaction score
Assuming 905 goes ota to my bionic...I know I have to unfreeze bloat but will I need to unroot. I saw a news source that says I would have to but I wasn't sure if they were misinformed. And if I can ota while rooted then will root remain or will I need to reroot again.

sugarfoots

Reaction score
Its pushed Ota , and we are getting it pushed to us today, got mine already 2 hours ago!!! check out the other threads, its on fire right now!

That's what i assumed, but i just hadn't gotten it yet and was wondering why... thx

Tonik

Reaction score
wseyller said:
I saw a news source that says I would have to but I wasn't sure if they were misinformed. And if I can ota while rooted then will root remain or will I need to reroot again.

Never had to unroot before, doubt we will have to this time. Download Voodoo Root Keeper for free on the play store. Run it and backup your root with it and it will save you if you lose root during the update.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
sugarfoots said:
That's what i assumed, but i just hadn't gotten it yet and was wondering why... thx

This is " my " first soak! Depends on if you joined in time or not. Did you get the e-mail from Moto today? I think we all did right before it started to get pushed!
Anyway, if you did, it takes time to push it all over the country. Some got the notice and are still waiting for the push!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

thanks for the info!

It's sent to you OTA, based on your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. That's what you give them when you sign up for a soak test.

Andrstein

Reaction score
I'm signed up for soak and my wife is not. I got 905 hours ago and I keep checking her phone but as of now still nothing.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm signed up for soak and my wife is not. I got 905 hours ago and I keep checking her phone but as of now still nothing.

My guess is that she'll be getting it next week with the rest of us, assuming the push will be after the survey on Sunday.

wseyller

Reaction score

Thanks, that gives us a clue because im confused if 905 is in the stage of soak test or official release to all. I see keep seeing conflicting information.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
wseyller said:
Thanks, that gives us a clue because im confused if 905 is in the stage of soak test or official release to all. I see keep seeing conflicting information.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

When I logged into the Moto site, Matt confirms that it is the soak!

sugarfoots

Reaction score
It's sent to you OTA, based on your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number. That's what you give them when you sign up for a soak test.

Still nothing. This is a warranty replacement Bionic I just got last week, never rooted.