.902 Root Method!

skeetdrn

Reaction score
this exploit isnt working for me, my phone is connected via usb, usb debugging enabled, and uunknown soureces is checked but it keeps telling me the adb is not recognized as a internal or external command anyone know what im doing wrong?

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
this exploit isnt working for me, my phone is connected via usb, usb debugging enabled, and uunknown soureces is checked but it keeps telling me the adb is not recognized as a internal or external command anyone know what im doing wrong?

A few things to check:

Do you have the Motorola drivers installed on your PC?

Did you extract the entire contents of the zip file into a folder?

Are you running the batch file from within that same folder?

skeetdrn

Reaction score
check

I just downloaded the drivers this past weekend and i double click on the zip file after download and it brings it up in win rar, click on it again and it opens it then i click the batch file, the black box screen comes up and says press continue and so i do and it speeds through abot 25 lines that say 'adb' not recognized but when i click the link to download it it barely seems to download its so quik what size is it supposed to be?

Tegamal

Reaction score
Could have used this Saturday, I did it the hard way!

WTG, Dan! Anyone know where one can donate to him?

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I just downloaded the drivers this past weekend and i double click on the zip file after download and it brings it up in win rar, click on it again and it opens it then i click the batch file, the black box screen comes up and says press continue and so i do and it speeds through abot 25 lines that say 'adb' not recognized but when i click the link to download it it barely seems to download its so quik what size is it supposed to be?

You need to fully extract the contents of the zip file into a folder as instructed before running the batch file. You can't just open it in winrar and run it or it won't be able to find the adb.exe file, hence that error message.

skeetdrn

Reaction score
ok, so that worked. thank you so much for giving me that small little detail that makes all the difference. I havent been in to the hacking for long but i did alot of it to my og droid but i dont know how i ever did anything without this detail. THANK YOU !!! unbesorgt

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
ok, so that worked. thank you so much for giving me that small little detail that makes all the difference. I havent been in to the hacking for long but i did alot of it to my og droid but i dont know how i ever did anything without this detail. THANK YOU !!! unbesorgt

No problem, glad it worked! Something clicked in my brain while reading the post where you described the steps you were taking, and I finally realized what was happening. It occurs to me now that some other Bionic users were having the exact same problem over the weekend, but it wasn't clear to me at the time so I couldn't help them. I'll have to see if I can find those threads.

vinylman

Reaction score
thanks so much...first time I've been successful in rooting my bionic....great job!

fabs109

Reaction score
Saw this in another thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own. I haven't tried this myself. I know some of you lost root during the .902 update and would rather not have to FXZ to get it back. This should do it.

Motofail

Let me know if it works or not!

after i download motofail on my computer then extract all there is nothing in the folder?

brent.murray

Reaction score
I used this method as soon as I upgraded to .902. Worked without a single issue 1st time. VERY efficient. Took less than 5 minutes. :icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana::icon_ lala:

bmor06

Reaction score
When I unzip the motofail_windows folder there is nothing there......no batch file. Am I missing something??