.902 Root Method!

unbesorgt

Reaction score
Saw this in another thread but thought it deserved a thread of its own. I haven't tried this myself. I know some of you lost root during the .902 update and would rather not have to FXZ to get it back. This should do it.

Motofail

Let me know if it works or not!

skizz0tt

Reaction score
I used the manual root w/ZERG and received the OTA for .902, which broke root. The exploit in the link you posted does work, awesome!

OP
unbesorgt

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I used the manual root w/ZERG and received the OTA for .902, which broke root. The exploit in the link you posted does work, awesome!

Sweet! My buddy at work also lost root, even though he was Forever Rooted. This should make him happy. :D

Zilcho

Reaction score
Just want to confirm that this exploit worked for me on 902 also. Thanks.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Gonna sticky the thread so can be easily found...

Badger1313

Reaction score
Screen freeze Caution

Worked perfectly on my Bionic. Follow instructions and be patient. 4G may take a while to pop back on after final reboot. :D

Update: Caution about possible screen freeze problem. Soon after I used this root method, I checked several of my rooted apps. Each worked after I okayed them on SU. Eventually I opened the rest of my root apps including Bionic Bootstrapper 1.0.0.3. I began to get screen freezes that required reboots. I tried pulling the battery but the freezes continued more often regardless of which apps I used, including the phone. Typically this happened when tapping a soft key. Bootstrapper was the last app I approved in SU, so I cleared its cache & data then uninstalled it. Like magic, I have not had a screen freeze all day. However, my Bionic did just black screen. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

Last edited:

peggsie

Reaction score
Do you put the zip file on the sdcard-ext, then extract and run the .bat file? Will this keep you on the OTA path?

edit: just found video on how to root my Bionic under Home. thanks

Last edited:

peggsie

Reaction score