.902 and Root

Stretch44

Reaction score
Is there a method for rooting .902? I received the the .902 update and it seems I didn't keep root. Super User grants root access to Bionic bootstrap and titanium backup. However, when I open Titanium it tells me I don't have root access. I didn't do forever root be updating. Thanks in advance

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
You'll need to revert back to .893 using P3's One Click, which you can find in my signature.

After that, download and use ROTA893 to forever root while you're on the .893 update.

Then install .902.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Has anyone reverted back to 893 from 902 using p3droid's pathsaver 1click?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

Stretch44

Reaction score
You'll need to revert back to .893 using P3's One Click, which you can find in my signature.

After that, download and use ROTA893 to forever root while you're on the .893 update.

Then install .902.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot

eap369

Reaction score
trying to get to 8

help please im currently on an old .886 4 ever rooted but stock. i get the update to .893 but everytime i download and update it, my phone says system update failed! i cant seem to get out of 886 can someone help me?

Joeteck

Reaction score
Actually, I just did it with frozen apps, and it updated just fine... currently at 5.2.234.. just kidding... 5.9.902...LOL, and I'm still rooted.. :icon_ banana:dancedroid

TerrorTodd

Reaction score
Actually, I just did it with frozen apps, and it updated just fine... currently at 5.2.234.. just kidding... 5.9.902...LOL, and I'm still rooted.. :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Wow....that's surprising and super cool! Way to go!!

Badger1313

Reaction score
Still Rooted?

I thought I was still rooted because I still had Super User and other root only programs. Then i tried to use one... lost root. ave you actually checked root?

lgalcarte

Reaction score
Spent all day trying to upgrade from 5.7.893 to 5.9.902 and maintain root. No deal. I've tried everything. One click, psouza, Pete's motorola root tools, ROTA 893, tehroot v1.1, windows one click fastboot, etc. Nothing works. The phone is not recognized at all. I've followed all of the direction on three different websites about going back to 893, rooting, and then going back to 901, 3etc.

Nothing.

I'm stuck at stock 902 so now I can't restore ANY of my data. I can't even restore a backup since I can't get root. And I CAN'T STAND the ads!! I've had ad-free since my OG.

This sux.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Ok, I got one for you guys.

While trying to update from 893 to 902 when I got the OTA this morning, it screwed my phone up royally. The only way I could get it to boot was using an old backup of Th3ory's Rom. Not one of my other backups would even successfully restore. So, I do that & try to do a factory restore from the settings menu, but it kept reflashing Th3ory.

After MANY failed attempts & getting the "Flash Failure" message in recovery, I finally got it back to factory & unrooted with One-Click. 886, I believe it was. I wasn't thinking & updated via OTA to 902, successfully. Well, as you can guess, I was so brain fried from everything, that I forgot to apply 43v3R Root.

No biggie, I figure, I'll just reflash 886 with One-Click & root from there. NOPE. Every time I reboot my phone, I get the Flash Failure message & have to do the Normal Powerup option in Boot Recovery just to get back into my phone. Every time I try this, it does successfully wipe the phone, but I'm still on 902. I've read online that I need to flash something, anything, successfully to fix it, but I don't know what/how to flash anything without Clockwork & without being rooted in the first place.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? How do I fix the Flash Failure error from jamming up the works?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I've been messing with this thing since 9:30am EST!

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Get OTA RootKeeper.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!