.901 Compatible KIN3XT v1.0 and P3's one click upgrade

jkliving92

Reaction score
Let ne just save you guys the trouble. Downloaded the rom twice and both fail when using safestrap and bootstrap. The file is bad. OP needs to get his stuff working before posting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jsan2727

Reaction score
says device not found error etc. and that fastboot is trying to load preinstalled partitions. and it is just sitting there. Can I quit out? or do I just let it run its course. been 2-3 minutes already

how did you get past this, i still have this problem

doctordoctor

Reaction score
jans I had to just pull it and use 1 click restore. then do it all over again. but now I do not have root running this script! you may want to 1 click restpore using Dhacker's files and then root using pete's app that is included. then from there just load kin3ct. I have 901 now but no root.

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
airborne I don't seem to have root! how did this happen? what do I need to do now? re run the script while in fast boot???

Ok...here is what I had to do, assuming Bootstrap or Safestrap are disabled/uninstalled...

1. Boot normally in phone.

2. Plug phone into computer, set phone to "Charge only"

3. Run P3's program to the point after it pushes the 2 update to you phone.

4. When P3's program stops and waits for you to press any key to move to the next step, DO NOT HIT ANY KEY, instead, turn off phone, unplug from computer, then boot phone into Fastboot mode by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons

5. Once in Fastboot mode, plug back into the computer, then hit any key so that P3's program can continue.

6. At this point, just let the P3's program do its thing. The phone will reboot a couple times.

7. Once everything is done, P3's program should self-terminate...that's how you will know it is done.

8. Turn off phone, then boot into the standard recovery menu. (the text of the recovery menu should be blue)

9. Select "Install from sdcard", install the 2 zip files, in the same session, reboot phone.

You should now be rooted and running the .901 update. Also, safestrap should now install and allow you to install the custom recovery.

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
Let ne just save you guys the trouble. Downloaded the rom twice and both fail when using safestrap and bootstrap. The file is bad. OP needs to get his stuff working before posting.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Agreed! The file is bad...I too could not get it to install.

jsan2727

Reaction score
Ok...here is what I had to do, assuming Bootstrap or Safestrap are disabled/uninstalled...

1. Boot normally in phone.

2. Plug phone into computer, set phone to "Charge only"

3. Run P3's program to the point after it pushes the 2 update to you phone.

4. When P3's program stops and waits for you to press any key to move to the next step, DO NOT HIT ANY KEY, instead, turn off phone, unplug from computer, then boot phone into Fastboot mode by pressing the Power and Volume Down buttons

5. Once in Fastboot mode, plug back into the computer, then hit any key so that P3's program can continue.

6. At this point, just let the P3's program do its thing. The phone will reboot a couple times.

7. Once everything is done, P3's program should self-terminate...that's how you will know it is done.

8. Turn off phone, then boot into the standard recovery menu. (the text of the recovery menu should be blue)

9. Select "Install from sdcard", install the 2 zip files, in the same session, reboot phone.

You should now be rooted and running the .901 update. Also, safestrap should now install and allow you to install the custom recovery.

this does not work for me because i can not boot into the phone, can only get to ap fast boot or to standard recovery... any thoughts??

AirborneSpoon

Reaction score
so what you are saying is that it would be better to get my root back then Nandroid back to kin3ct? As of now I have 901 but no superuser....

Negative! Since you have started this process, I assume you have already backed everything up. So, in that case, I would just start from step 1 of the instructions I just posted, HOWEVER, the file that the OP posted is NO GOOD, so You can go to .901, but the posted ROM is not installing..so you'd be stuck with stock (and rooted) until the OP posts a working file.