.901 Compatible KIN3XT v1.0 and P3's one click upgrade

9qwer1

Reaction score
To run one click you can be on anything. It will push the update folders to your SD card then revert you to stock and, install forever root before rebooting into stock recovery to allow you to run the updates

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Ok, so i ran the cmd window, and installed the update893 and 901, but for some reason, it won't let me install the Kin3tx rom. It says it's installing, and then it says "installation aborted".

wooddale

Reaction score
So I should still have the effects of 901? Just wanting to make sure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Im kinda curious about that too if the rom is 894 based then that what you get unless it gets updated to 901 base but anything to do with radio should be what you are on.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
basically the idea is to flash the custom ROM while still retaining the kernel and radio from .901 OTA..... now whether that takes you back off the OTA path is unsure until they actually do send the next OTA

rck76

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would think if you made a backup of the 901 stock rom before installing kint3x, you should be alright.

markwebb

Reaction score
I would think if you made a backup of the 901 stock rom before installing kint3x, you should be alright.

Exactly. That is what safestrap is for. I backed up 901 stock beforehand in both
Safestrap and bionic bootstrap for good measure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score
Exactly. That is what safestrap is for. I backed up 901 stock beforehand in both
Safestrap and bionic bootstrap for good measure.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
So then still if you stay on stock 901 rom you reap all the benefits but if you go back to the rom if it is still based on 894 unless it gets changed it is still 894 thats why it says that. As far as anything else like data since you are on 901 it should be from 901 correct

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Ok, so i ran the cmd window, and installed the update893 and 901, but for some reason, it won't let me install the Kin3tx rom. It says it's installing, and then it says "installation aborted".

You can't flash kin3xt via stock recovery. Reboot phone into stock blur and run safe strap.

This will leave you with the .901 radio and kernel but flashing the rom will have you on .894 system. You will still have .901 radio and kernel. As far as the update path is concerned you can restore a backup of your stock system or you can run one click again if you want to continue grabbing leaks via cheesecake.

doctordoctor

Reaction score
Sorry for sounding like a noob but the speed of things kills you if you leave for a week. SO I would like some clarification of the process and the files needed to get the new radio and stay on Th3ory's sweet ROM!!!

I rooted way back when with Pete's 1 click method. I have done nothing since except keep updating Th3ory's roms. I have Bootstrap not safe strap on my phone. Currently running kin3xt pure.

So what do I need to do to get the new radio and what not? I read the OP but I believe I need safestrap? and what not? I guess I just need a little helping hand and reassurance that it will all be okay!

:D
Dr. B

hisself

Reaction score
I am rooted with For3v3r root on 893. I am running Kin3ttx v1.0. Any reason to go through the hassle of updating to 901?

I am a little scared. . . I bought my wife a Bionic, and when I tried to root it (on 893), I bricked it. Totally, nothing would recover it. I finally had it warrantied by Verizon. When I tried to root the new one using R3L3AS3D Root 1 step, it would not root. I quit before I could brick it, but I am leery of trying again.

Any thoughts?

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Sorry for sounding like a noob but the speed of things kills you if you leave for a week. SO I would like some clarification of the process and the files needed to get the new radio and stay on Th3ory's sweet ROM!!!

I rooted way back when with Pete's 1 click method. I have done nothing since except keep updating Th3ory's roms. I have Bootstrap not safe strap on my phone. Currently running kin3xt pure.

So what do I need to do to get the new radio and what not? I read the OP but I believe I need safestrap? and what not? I guess I just need a little helping hand and reassurance that it will all be okay!

:D
Dr. B

Download all the files in the OP. Extract the one click files to your desktop. Reboot your phone into fast boot by simultaneously holding volume down and power. When you let go your phone will go into fast boot.

Plug it into your computer
Open the folder with the one click extracted files and double click "runmebbb"
Follow onscreen instructions.

When finished sign into your Google account on your phone
Go to the market and download "safestrap"
Put the KIN3XT .zip and wifi tether.apk on your SD card
run safestrap and use it to boot into recovery.
Wipe data
Go to mounts and storage/wipe cache/wipe system
Go to advanced and wipe dalvik
Go to install .zip from SD card/choose .zip/ then find your KIN3XT from and install it.

Reboot and setup your phone. Also go to your SD card in a file manager app of your choice and find the wifi tether then select it to install it.

Hope this helped

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
I am rooted with For3v3r root on 893. I am running Kin3ttx v1.0. Any reason to go through the hassle of updating to 901?

I am a little scared. . . I bought my wife a Bionic, and when I tried to root it (on 893), I bricked it. Totally, nothing would recover it. I finally had it warrantied by Verizon. When I tried to root the new one using R3L3AS3D Root 1 step, it would not root. I quit before I could brick it, but I am leery of trying again. Your phone is never bricked as long as it will go into fast boot mode.

Any thoughts?

follow this thread and you'll be good. R3L3AS3D is out dated and doesn't work on the new system. One click will work perfect if you use the fixed version in the OP of this thread. Just be sure to follow all instructions.

wooddale

Reaction score
Download all the files in the OP. Extract the one click files to your desktop. Reboot your phone into fast boot by simultaneously holding volume down and power. When you let go your phone will go into fast boot.

Plug it into your computer
Open the folder with the one click extracted files and double click "runmebbb"
Follow onscreen instructions.

When finished sign into your Google account on your phone
Go to the market and download "safestrap"
Put the KIN3XT .zip and wifi tether.apk on your SD card
run safestrap and use it to boot into recovery.
Wipe data
Go to mounts and storage/wipe cache/wipe system
Go to advanced and wipe dalvik
Go to install .zip from SD card/choose .zip/ then find your KIN3XT from and install it.

Reboot and setup your phone. Also go to your SD card in a file manager app of your choice and find the wifi tether then select it to install it.

Hope this helped

Why do you have to boot into safestrap? could you just download bootstrap make a nanoid back of 901 then be on your way to download the Kin3v3r zip.

jsan2727

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble opening the first download? i have downloaded it twice, doesnt work

OP
dr0idg0d23

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble opening the first download? i have downloaded it twice, doesnt work

You have to extract it. Right click and extract all. If that doesn't work you might need to download "7zip" you can find it doing a Google search. After installing it right click the file and click 7z/extract here.