7-7-10 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade 5.0.9 *source built, 9 themes, bug fixes, many features*

kamisan

Reaction score
App tethering works for me, native not so much. I did not wipe when I updated from 407 kangerade though. Will try a wipe and reinstall when it come back up on rom manager and update

clarification- usb works- wifi needs app but works with app.

p.s. rom manager working w jrummy again

Capone

Reaction score
I'd love to update to 5.0.9 but I need tethering and my desktop doesn't have a wifi card.

I'm on kang v1.0 and native tethering works great, I'll just have to stay here till something changes."Frowning emoticon"

soccer568

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a known issue or I'm the only one but do you guys have problems with the proximity sensor. I sometimes hang up when talking to people on the phone. Is this me or an issue with the rom?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

samsonite801

Reaction score
I'd love to update to 5.0.9 but I need tethering and my desktop doesn't have a wifi card.

I'm on kang v1.0 and native tethering works great, I'll just have to stay here till something changes."Frowning emoticon"

I have 5.0.9 installed, using P3Droid's 125-1000mHz Froyo 2.2 kernel, and just now before I posted this, I tested USB tethering and it works just fine (never tested it with the Froyo kernel though). I run Windows 7 on an Asus netbook, and normally use Android-Tether app to connect using Wifi, so I had never previously tried the USB tethering but it DOES also work. I do not know if it requires the Motorola USB driver for USB Debugging (I have the driver installed on mine and it just works). But to access it, just go to main 'Settings' > 'Wireless and networks' > 'Tethering and portable hotspot', then make sure the USB cable is plugged in, so it should say "USB connected, check to tether" then on the computer that is going to have internet, it should say that it installed a driver for internet connection sharing and then to check if it works go to whatsmyip.com and it should tell you the public IP that Verizon is nat'ting to your phone. Obviously you only would need to check your IP if you have 2 forms of internet, but if you only have one, then it will be obvious that you are connected since you can just check ability to surf.

If yours still does not work after trying the above steps, you may need to change your kernel or install the Motorola USB A855 driver if it's an M Droid, or find the appropriate driver if you do not run M Droid. Since P3Droid kernel cannot be installed from ROM Manager anymore, I did have to go to P3Droid's site and download it manually and install it as update.zip onto the SD card and run the update from ClockworkMod Recovery (or SPRecovery if that's what you run).

cruiser56

Reaction score
battery life

using droid x theme I have horrible battery life anybody else experience this?

samsonite801

Reaction score
I don't know if this is a known issue or I'm the only one but do you guys have problems with the proximity sensor. I sometimes hang up when talking to people on the phone. Is this me or an issue with the rom?

I had that same problem with my old Motorola Droid because it had the prox sensor on the upper left hand corner of the screen, and many times, my ear would not always cover it and so the screen would turn on by itself and then my cheek would hit the END button. Later, I got a new Droid and the new one looks the same as the old one except I noticed the prox sensor is now on the upper right hand corner of the screen and now my ear seems to always cover it correctly.

But back with my old phone, I found an app that worked perfectly to aide in this problem of your ear always uncovering the prox sensor. It is called 'MyLock Phone Tools' (available from the Market), and what it does is lock the screen (evident when the screen has a green tint to it), and to unlock the screen manually, I set it through the app settings to unlock which uses the camera snap picture button. I also set it so it answers calls when you hit that camera snap button as well. So basically, you get a call, phone is ringing, so you'd hit the camera snap button to answer phone (this is an optional setting, you can still make it so answering the phone can be done normally by onscreen slide, or you can turn on an onscreen 'Accept' button). Now, say you have the phone against your ear and the phone screen would turn on when prox sensor would uncover, but screen will now stay fully locked, but if you need to pull the phone away from your ear to type in dial pad options, the screen now is on with a greenish tint to it. Now simply get in the habit to use your small pinky finger (if left handed), or to use your thumb (if right handed) to hit the camera snap button and the green tint goes away and screen is now enabled and buttons all work. Then when you put phone against your face screen turns off due to prox sensor getting covered and now becomes locked again so that if screen falsely turns on again, it will show the green tint and be locked again. Try this app, it will work good as a bandaide to this problem.

Like I said though, ultimately though, this is a hardware problem and was revised by a newer hardware which most people have never noticed. I found this out on my own. I guess only certain people experienced this issue depending on where their ear was located on their head or by their habits of how they hold their phone (according to a forum thread I read about where the guy said Verizon told him the issue did not occur with everyone). At that time though, this guy said Verizon never had the hardware revision, but I assume there were enough people who had been having this issue that resulted in the hardware revision. I hosed my old phone and had to buy a new one on eBay so I stumbled across the new revision by total accident. So now with my new phone, it does not have this problem, but I still run MyPhone Lock Tools on this phone, I just don't use the lock screen feature, but I still like to use the camera snap button that the tool offers as a hardware answer button since slide is a pain in the a. for me

soccer568

Reaction score

I had that same problem with my old Motorola Droid because it had the prox sensor on the upper left hand corner of the screen, and many times, my ear would not always cover it and so the screen would turn on by itself and then my cheek would hit the END button. Later, I got a new Droid and the new one looks the same as the old one except I noticed the prox sensor is now on the upper right hand corner of the screen and now my ear seems to always cover it correctly.

But back with my old phone, I found an app that worked perfectly to aide in this problem of your ear always uncovering the prox sensor. It is called 'MyLock Phone Tools' (available from the Market), and what it does is lock the screen (evident when the screen has a green tint to it), and to unlock the screen manually, I set it (through the app settings) to unlock using the camera snap picture button. I also set it so it answers calls when you hit that camera snap button as well. So basically, you get a call, phone is ringing, so you'd hit the camera snap button to answer phone, then say you had phone against your ear and the phone screen would turn on when prox sensor would uncover, but screen will now stay fully locked, but if you need to pull the phone away from your ear to type in dial pad options, the screen now is on with a greenish tint to it. Now simply get in the habit to use your small pinky finger (if left handed), or to use your thumb (if right handed) to hit the camera snap button and the green tint goes away and screen is now enabled and buttons all work. Then when you put phone against your face screen turns off due to prox sensor getting covered and now becomes locked again so that if screen falsely turns on again, it will show the green tint and be locked again. Try this app, it will work good as a bandaide to this problem.

Like I said though, ultimately though, this is a hardware problem and was revised by a newer hardware which most people have never noticed. I found this out on my own. I guess only certain people experienced this issue depending on where their ear was located on their head or by their habits of how they hold their phone (according to a forum thread I read about where the guy said Verizon told him the issue did not occur with everyone). At that time though, this guy said Verizon never had the hardware revision, but I assume there were enough people who had been having this issue that resulted in the hardware revision. I hosed my old phone and had to buy a new one on eBay so I stumbled across the new revision by total accident.
Oh alright thanks for the heads up.I will definitely try the app you recommended out.

samsonite801

Reaction score
By the way, you guys suck...

That's one way to get people to help. Usually when I need help with an issue I don't insult people first but then again that's just me.

By the way, maybe if you had read some of the past posts you might figure out who I had been referring to or understood the context of my remark. I deleted all my posts relating to that topic anyway, but you could still read all the other guys posts who started the whole thing. I shouldn't have made a big deal out of it though, since it was just some rude guy who thought he'd crack a funny, because I normally do use paragraphs religiously when I write, but that time I was tired and worked 2 back-to-back 12 hour shifts and entered all that text on my Droid and I did not realize it was so long and really was too lazy at the time to proofread my post before submitting it.

Hey, sometimes we humans do stupid things. I'll be the first who aint afraid to say it. I really wasn't referring to every participant of this forum when I said those guys suck. I just hate it when people are so quick to point out everybody's faults as if they are some totally perfect being. It is just completely immature to act that way. I really wished he would've just left that post out since we don't need remarks that detract from our technical discussion. When people start acting like that, it makes me just want to pack my bags and take my knowledge somewhere else where it will be appreciated and not criticized. I don't sit there and tell people how to write when their grammer, spelling, and sentence structure is all messed up. I just simply try to decipher what the poster is trying to say and try to see if I can come up with a solution to help them with their problem, instead of pointing out things that really don't need to be brought up.

tdweng

Reaction score
I have a request with the length of the vibrate when i get a text message, it is one long vibrate instead of the two short ones like for everything else. Is there a way to change it so that it is shorter or the 2 short ones?

Simple, go into the Messaging app settings, go to the bottom and go into the notification settings and there are options in there.

Thanks, didn't even notice that when i originally went into the settings to turn on vibrate, nor did i even think about looking. Will have to wait for a text message now to see how the different settings work.

TheCleaner

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing the script to add it back...

But...where is Corporate Calendar and how do I get it back?

ajavgeek

Reaction score
Camera FCing

Hi,

Not sure if anyone has similar issue but I cannot open the Camera app. It makes 3 clicking sounds but then FC.

Any help please?

BTW: The battery life is more than ever, Thanks JR, Great Work...

Thanks

(Froyo Kangerade V5.0.9 android-build@apa26 #1)

kamisan

Reaction score
p3 and rom manager

I was able to install a p3 kernel but it booted with no access to my sd card and battery reported it was dead,, I keep a copy of a p3 kernel on my sd card root and restored that, all worked. I notice set cpu gets funked also, it thinks it still is a 250 to 800 kernel until you have it re-detect then move the slider down and then back up, then it works. Using the low voltage 125-1000 p3 I set it to performance and got 1300 on quadracent. using the cyan theme with tang notification and changed a few things. Using an older ss theme for facebook and gmail, and leofroyo's spare parts. (went to system/app and pasted a renamed leo froyos there then went did an install, rebooted and it is sticking. I like leo's options better.
Overall have to say Jrummy16 roms are great!

also did a wipe and install to see how much better it would be. Ended up restoring an old backup of 5.0.9 and needing to do a few tricks to get everything up and happy. Just in time to find fring no longer doing skype...

tried jd's kernel, chevy1's, not bekits yet.

wifi tether working using the app, not the system setting, noticing I see my wifi tether even if it is not on, it is not sending internet but it is broadcasting that it is there. once I turn on the app it works great. USB works reat as well.

FrostMan

Reaction score
I was able to install a p3 kernel but it booted with no access to my sd card and battery reported it was dead,, I keep a copy of a p3 kernel on my sd card root and restored that, all worked. I notice set cpu gets funked also, it thinks it still is a 250 to 800 kernel until you have it re-detect then move the slider down and then back up, then it works. Using the low voltage 125-1000 p3 I set it to performance and got 1300 on quadracent. using the cyan theme with tang notification and changed a few things. Using an older ss theme for facebook and gmail, and leofroyo's spare parts. (went to system/app and pasted a renamed leo froyos there then went did an install, rebooted and it is sticking. I like leo's options better.
Overall have to say Jrummy16 roms are great!

also did a wipe and install to see how much better it would be. Ended up restoring an old backup of 5.0.9 and needing to do a few tricks to get everything up and happy. Just in time to find fring no longer doing skype...

tried jd's kernel, chevy1's, not bekits yet.

wifi tether working using the app, not the system setting, noticing I see my wifi tether even if it is not on, it is not sending internet but it is broadcasting that it is there. once I turn on the app it works great. USB works reat as well.

Did you grab a 2.2 compatible P3 kernel? Never had one issue with them.

P3Droid Kernels

Scroll down to the Froyo compatible ones. The issue with dead battery/etc is what happens when an incorrect firmware version kernel is used.

Lars1

Reaction score
Things have seemed to get progressively slower for me over the past couple of days, apps take a while to open and when I return home, it takes 5-6 seconds (or more) to come back with a usable home screen.

I am running Chevy's 1.1 LV kernel and LauncherPro.

Do I wipe and reinstall? Anyone else having slowdown issues?

TIA