6.16.208 kernel [6.16.206 users only]

ws6formula350

Reaction score
OK, so I see what you're saying. Why does the 215 zipped file say Blur Version 6.13.219? The 213 says D4213 as expected. Thoughts on this?

The verizon update nomenclature is set up so the update is named for the version you are UPDATING from; in this case, it checks for 6.13.219 (which is why you are fastbooting/kernel flashing to trick it)

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You can't follow the instructions to the letter, you have to follow them "generally" because the initial updates were downloaded and named one way by one person and the update procedures have been written and re-written by different people and file names are not going to be identical.

Read the instructions to know what you are doing....how the process works...generally, not technically. Step 1 is doing what....step 2 is doing what.....what files do I need for each step, etc...

The actual name of the update as it comes from the QA server is "Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip" with an associated .crc file named the same "Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.crc". These are needed when installing from the internal /sdcard. If you are installing from an external /sdcard-ext then you just need the .zip file.

What a few are doing is putting both files into one .zip file to make it easier to download.....so you would download something like "ICS215.zip" and open it up and pull out the "Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip" and "Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.crc" files and put the "Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip" file on your /sdcard-ext.

A few others are just renaming the Blur_Version.6.13.219.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip file to something shorter......like ICS215.zip. That is where it can get confusing. It's the same file as the leaked OTA.zip just renamed. This you wouldn't unzip. The easy way to tell is just to open the .zip file and see what is inside. If it is another .zip inside.....extract that .zip as that is the updater file. If it's a few files and folders.....then exit and use that .zip as it is the updater.zip.

So know what the process is, know what files you have (a .zip that needs to be extracted from a .zip or just the .zip itself) and it should work. Boot your phone into AP Fastboot mode, then plug the USB in. If you get "device drivers failed to install" or anything like that.....you need to update the Motorola USB drivers on your PC.

strakajagr

Reaction score
Well I went ahead with it anyway, assuming it was likely the right file, and I'm back in business. Thank you so much for the help. Close call.

strakajagr

Reaction score
Thanks, I ultimately figured it out. I took a month off so a lot of this was confusing after being used to the CM9 dailys before the leak came out. I didn't mean to bother anyone. All the help I received was greatly appreciated.