6.16.208 kernel [6.16.206 users only]

strakajagr

Reaction score
I thought he was coming from 219 because the Unstick instructions don't mention anything about root/unroot etc.

And yes, going from one leak to another you will lose root and it cannot be regained until the ICS root method is released.

Does anyone know where to get unstickics? I can't find it anywhere. All the links are dead and I desperately want to get off of the 206 kernel.

strakajagr

Reaction score
Just to be clear, because I have been fishing through instructions.

Load 208.zip onto my SD
Fast boot
Flash 208 kernel from Utility
Boot to recovery
Apply 208.zip

Is that right? Will that successfully get me to 208, after which point I can get to 215?

strakajagr

Reaction score
OK, so literally no matter what images I load, the tool accomplishes nothing. Everything it tries to flash, fails. It flash on and off 3x until finally it reboots and I'm back up, running 206, like always. Unreal.

outsid0r

Reaction score
what you want is the .215 kernel and .zip file, change the .215 kernel to ICSFIX , put the .215 zip on ur external sd card and use option 16 from the d4 utility, also make sure u have the 219 fastboot files

strakajagr

Reaction score
Explain the 219 fast boot file thing. The first part I have time numerous times to no avail. I'm not sure what you mean when you say make sure you have the 219 fast boot files. I just fast boot using vol up/down and power and then run the utility as it was packaged. The only thing I had to the file folder for the utility is ICSFIX (using the latest img renamed)

outsid0r

Reaction score
Explain the 219 fast boot file thing. The first part I have time numerous times to no avail. I'm not sure what you mean when you say make sure you have the 219 fast boot files. I just fast boot using vol up/down and power and then run the utility as it was packaged. The only thing I had to the file folder for the utility is ICSFIX (using the latest img renamed)

Please read the post i linked to before completely, my first leak jump was a bit unnerving but i followed the instructions to the letter and i had absolutely no issues minus getting nervous as it processed.

strakajagr

Reaction score
Ahh... I missed the unzipping of the 219 files into the tool's file folder. This is no doubt the source of my futility. I'm going in...

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Ahh... I missed the unzipping of the 219 files into the tool's file folder. This is no doubt the source of my futility. I'm going in...

That was my problem the first time I tried; I almost had a panic attack cuz I thought i'd bricked :p

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

strakajagr

Reaction score
Oh no... So I updated the kernel and it actually worked... then I went into the sd card to apply the zip... and that same error (signature verification failed) installation aborted, keeps happening. Now I'm in deep ****.

strakajagr

Reaction score
Any suggestions? I could always pull out the SD card, and put the 215 zip back on it... a different version of the file. Does anyone know why it would keep giving me that signature error?

Would it be worth it to try the 213 imagine and 213 zip?

strakajagr

Reaction score
Incidentally, when you flash the kernal, how many INFOPreflash validation failures do you tend to get? I get them for cdt.bin, devtree, boot, recovery, cdrom. Is this normal?

strakajagr

Reaction score
Maybe this is the problem I'm having. This step "1. Get the ICS OTA currently 6.16.213 ICS here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byw...jVSanRzaTZ5alU
This is a double zip to open until you see the folder named D4213, then copy this file to the external sdcard of your phone."

I'm just moving the entire zip file to my phone. I am unaware of any file within this zipped filed with the name D4213 (or D4215 depending on the build). Furthermore, even if I found said file, it wouldn't be zipped and thus wouldn't appear to be installed.

Again, any help here is greatly appreciated because I officially now have a paperweight unless I can figure this out.

ws6formula350

Reaction score
Maybe this is the problem I'm having. This step "1. Get the ICS OTA currently 6.16.213 ICS here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byw...jVSanRzaTZ5alU
This is a double zip to open until you see the folder named D4213, then copy this file to the external sdcard of your phone."

I'm just moving the entire zip file to my phone. I am unaware of any file within this zipped filed with the name D4213 (or D4215 depending on the build). Furthermore, even if I found said file, it wouldn't be zipped and thus wouldn't appear to be installed.

Again, any help here is greatly appreciated because I officially now have a paperweight unless I can figure this out.

Iirc when I dled it, that .zip has the ota .zip AS WELL as the .crc file

Unzip it and just put the ota .zip on your sd card; it'll be 320ish megabytes

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

strakajagr

Reaction score
OK, so I see what you're saying. Why does the 215 zipped file say Blur Version 6.13.219? The 213 says D4213 as expected. Thoughts on this?