6.1 RC5 has dropped

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it comes with ADW. I'm running a more previous build(202), but as far as I know the launcher is still the same.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
For my nightly build, it is version 1.2.0
That's what it says in my applications and RC5 came out the say day as the 202 build. I would just install the app version and replace the RC5 version with that

EDIT: And as far as compache is concerned, I can't help you. My current kernel doesn't support it but others have been having pretty good success with it

Last edited:
OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
oh, and how is it getting compcache working?

Compcache is working great. Make sure the kernel you use can do compcache. Here is the guide that I used and many others says works for them

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/76452-comp-cache-15.html#post1021884

It is? Why is mine a previous version then? They were added the same day...:/

202 didnt come out the same day as RC5. 203 did. RC5 as of right now is the latest build. I was on 202 and it was the old version of ADW but I dont know about 203 as I jumped straight into RC5 from 202.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
oh, and how is it getting compcache working?

Compcache is working great. Make sure the kernel you use can do compcache. Here is the guide that I used and many others says works for them

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/koush/76452-comp-cache-15.html#post1021884

It is? Why is mine a previous version then? They were added the same day...:/

202 didnt come out the same day as RC5. 203 did. RC5 as of right now is the latest build. I was on 202 and it was the old version of ADW but I dont know about 203 as I jumped straight into RC5 from 202.

Oh, I could've sworn they had the same date. I guess not haha. Yeah, I'm about to flash it. I need to find a way to get my LP widgets on ADW. I hear it's not possible but there has to be some way to do it

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
I tried to use ADW for a few hours and yes it was fast, it was just boring. Even with the themes. LP is fast for me and with the custom docks, better. And the widgets are sick too!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I love LP. But I want to try ADW out but I'm not going to unless I can put my widgets on there. I wish LP had some of it's featues. Like, dragging and dropping the icons to the bar instead of having to go through the steps. As far as the dock, I would just go inside and change it to my LP dock, love it. And I like the screen previews. You can pick which one is the default. On LP I have to move everything to another screen if I add screens. And I like the screen indicators more. I like the dots more than the bar
And yeah, the widgets are pretty sick. Took me I don't know how many times to finally purchase plus

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
I hated the ADW dots at the top or w/e the theme you used changed it to. Was very annoying. While ADW was faster for changing the icons at the bottom, I never change mine, so it wasnt a factor for me. LP will always be better but that is just me. To each is their own....but LP is better. ;)