6.1 RC5 has dropped

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really? It reminds me of the nexus theme so I like it. And I don't really change mine much either. Only sometimes. Just convenient if I have to. And I completely agree. I think LP is much better. I would just make minor changes. And for some reason I like the transparent app drawer. I'm not a fan of transparent anything when it comes to my phone but I kinda like that

Reaction score
Compcache working with P3Droid

LP for me, I like all the options

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't and it works perfectly fine so far

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
do you need to wipe data/cache to update?

I have been flashing ROMs for quite some time and on diff phones. When coming from a clean wipe, you will ALWAYS have less issues. Does it take longer? Maybe, but if you use the tools that are avail to you (titanium, whoisit beta, etc) it becomes almost as fast as just doing an install on top of your last. I have become a pro at wiping all and redoing all my settings and I am happy each time since I dont have half the issues most people have when they just install on top of their previous release.

maverick31210

Reaction score
I hated the ADW dots at the top or w/e the theme you used changed it to. Was very annoying. While ADW was faster for changing the icons at the bottom, I never change mine, so it wasnt a factor for me. LP will always be better but that is just me. To each is their own....but LP is better. ;)

I'm not a big fan of ADW either. Running Launcher Pro Plus and the extra features are what set it a step above i.e; lp widgets, sizeable widgets and a few other options ADW lacks. One could argue that ADW has more themes available but with the Launcher Pro Icons app, I suppose you could do the same w/ LP.

hiphopvenom

Reaction score
Im not sure if its just my phone acting up, but i am not able to find a few apps in the market(weather channel, flixster, n yellow pages).. is anyone else having this issue?

jerroedr

Reaction score
wait, theres a paid version of LP? wtf.

i use one widget, the google search and adw can theme that, at least with the themes i have. And you can switch up the launcher soooo many different ways. 6 icons, 5 icons, 4 with an app launcher. idk.

and since it comes with cm and chevyno1 recommends it, i figure theres a reason.

adw is now 1.3.2 btw

jerroedr

Reaction score
Im not sure if its just my phone acting up, but i am not able to find a few apps in the market(weather channel, flixster, n yellow pages).. is anyone else having this issue?

ive had that happen before! clear the dalvik cache, and clear the market data and cache force close the market, then reboot. that SHOULD work. its been a while but if i remember right, thats what i had to do

jerroedr

Reaction score
its awesome. although compcache may slow it down. i gotta play with it

Diab210

Reaction score
I have been flashing ROMs for quite some time and on diff phones. When coming from a clean wipe, you will ALWAYS have less issues. Does it take longer? Maybe, but if you use the tools that are avail to you (titanium, whoisit beta, etc) it becomes almost as fast as just doing an install on top of your last. I have become a pro at wiping all and redoing all my settings and I am happy each time since I dont have half the issues most people have when they just install on top of their previous release.

Is there a way to prevent apps from being restored via the market so I can just use Titanium? it seems like the longest part of getting all my apps back on my phone is waiting for market to sync them first, then I go into Ti Backup and have to re-install the ones it missed and redo the data anyway.

UNC

Reaction score
I hated the ADW dots at the top or w/e the theme you used changed it to. Was very annoying. While ADW was faster for changing the icons at the bottom, I never change mine, so it wasnt a factor for me. LP will always be better but that is just me. To each is their own....but LP is better. ;)

I'm not a big fan of ADW either. Running Launcher Pro Plus and the extra features are what set it a step above i.e; lp widgets, sizeable widgets and a few other options ADW lacks. One could argue that ADW has more themes available but with the Launcher Pro Icons app, I suppose you could do the same w/ LP.

Have you used ADW? It does have sizeable widgets....

OP
D

droidkevlar

Reaction score
its awesome. although compcache may slow it down. i gotta play with it

compcache does not slow it down. it makes it faster. maybe not in quad scores but in the feel and opening of other apps.

Is there a way to prevent apps from being restored via the market so I can just use Titanium? it seems like the longest part of getting all my apps back on my phone is waiting for market to sync them first, then I go into Ti Backup and have to re-install the ones it missed and redo the data anyway.

Uncheck allow automatic updating.