4G problems

SaintJimmy08

Reaction score
Recently, over the last couple of weeks, my Droid Razr randomly falls in and out of its network. One minute I'll see a blue 4G icon at the top of my screen, then nothing. Usually I'll just pop into airplane mode, and then back to 4G, and it'll come back. But, it's getting fairly annoying. I don't know exactly why it's doing this, and would love some feedback from you guys. Ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Recently, over the last couple of weeks, my Droid Razr randomly falls in and out of its network. One minute I'll see a blue 4G icon at the top of my screen, then nothing. Usually I'll just pop into airplane mode, and then back to 4G, and it'll come back. But, it's getting fairly annoying. I don't know exactly why it's doing this, and would love some feedback from you guys. Ideas?

The interesting thing about this problem is that for many, it went away with the last update, but it seems for some the problem has reappeared at some later time, and for others it never really went away. I wish I could tell you I have the answer but I can't. It seems to me that there must be something at the root of the phenomenon, possibly just the right combination of apps, our perhaps the fix only works on a certain version of cell tower firmware or hardware and as the system is repaired or upgraded the changed equipment is less happy with the firmware revisions in our phones. I don't know.

I would love to get my hands on one that is exhibiting the symptoms yours is and see if it does so in a different region of the country, such as mine where my phone is working fine. I might suggest you try running in Safe mode for a few days to see if the problem clears up. I would also be interested in seeing if a re-flashing of the ROM or a Factory restore fixed it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk with voice to text translation. Please excuse minor spelling/grammar/punctuation errors.

ddfuji

Reaction score

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dazbradbury.restartConnections&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kYXpicmFkYnVyeS5yZXN0YXJ0Q29ubmVjdGlvbnMiXQ..

u
se this instead of popping into and out of airplane mode. a lot faster also. and i think it works better