4G Icon goes White - No Internet - North East New Jersey

jpersons

Reaction score
I've had the same annoying problem. While running the phone in Safe Mode though the issue hasn't popped up making me think the problem is caused by an app running on the phone. If you want to test this out, boot into safemode by turning on the phone and then, after the DROID icon appears, press and hold both the up and down volume buttons until the home screen appears. SAFE MODE will be written on the bottom left of the screen.

knowlegeable1

Reaction score
Im having the same issue here in CA. Internet stops working when in white 4G. It will flip back and forth a few times and then go back to blue. The only thing affected that i can tell is the internet. Very annoying. Any solutions yet?

dkelly701

Reaction score
Go to settings, battery and data manager, data delivery and if you have data roaming checked, uncheck it. That seems to have solved my problem.

BionicTonic

Reaction score
Started having the problem a couple weeks ago. Sometimes all I would get was the 5 white bars, no 4G or even 3G. Heck, I haven't seen the 3G icon in a long time.

Took phone to Verizon last weekend, guy says it is probable the SIM card and did something to it, perhaps replaced it. Mine is 15130. Two days later, the same problem.

Was just reading a thread at AndroidForum, lots of Maxx owners with the problem. Sometimes SIM card replacement worked, sometimes "Reset Connectivity" app worked until it went out again. They kept trying all sorts of stuff and it looks like it stems from a Verizon 4G network issue. Even the new ICS didn't help. I guess if we all yell at VZ something might get done.

Strangely, I rebooted the phone today and the connection has been fine since!?

paru155

Reaction score
BionicTonic said:
Started having the problem a couple weeks ago. Sometimes all I would get was the 5 white bars, no 4G or even 3G. Heck, I haven't seen the 3G icon in a long time.

Took phone to Verizon last weekend, guy says it is probable the SIM card and did something to it, perhaps replaced it. Mine is 15130. Two days later, the same problem.

Was just reading a thread at AndroidForum, lots of Maxx owners with the problem. Sometimes SIM card replacement worked, sometimes "Reset Connectivity" app worked until it went out again. They kept trying all sorts of stuff and it looks like it stems from a Verizon 4G network issue. Even the new ICS didn't help. I guess if we all yell at VZ something might get done.

Strangely, I rebooted the phone today and the connection has been fine since!?

Testing...

nolongerconfuzed

Reaction score
data better - but battery worse

My data is better but my battery is worse...

What is really annoying is that ICS doesn't let you choose "charge only" with USB connection....pretty annoying. I love everything else about ICS.

BionicTonic

Reaction score
Still not good - unlocked my phone earlier today, all white "4G" icon and bars. Tried tocheck weather, blue note said " no network". Rebooted phone...OK again....til next time!

May have worked for some, not in my case.

bpad10

Reaction score
Over the past few weeks wife and I have been having the same problem her in Wisconsin. It's been pretty bad at times. Haven't had this problem until recently.....