3G/4G White instead of Blue

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Ok, hope someone here can help! In plain talk! When my phone is connected to WiFi everything is fine. But when I am away the #G or 4G icon is white instead of blue and my email (K9 mail) says "Syncing disabled". I can manually check for mail and it comes in, and I can access FB, internet, etc, but not as fast. Husband's Razr M is just fine...3G/4G is blue.

Any ideas?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Try logging out of your Google account then logging back in.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Ok, hope someone here can help! In plain talk! When my phone is connected to WiFi everything is fine. But when I am away the #G or 4G icon is white instead of blue and my email (K9 mail) says "Syncing disabled". I can manually check for mail and it comes in, and I can access FB, internet, etc, but not as fast. Husband's Razr M is just fine...3G/4G is blue.

Any ideas?

Are you on 4.4 (kit kat)?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I would try what dezymond suggested. The way I understand the colors is white = connected to a cell tower (verizon) and blue = connected to Google servers / services. when switching from wifi to 4G you might not be syncing with Google.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Also as noted by dasanman, the icon was changed to white in the new Kit Kat update.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Why are people asking if this OP has Kit Kat? Their phone is a RMHD!

I haven't been paying attention as to which devices have gotten a update to Kit Kat. I know that under KK the icons are no longer blue, they're white.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Not on the droid maxx...they're still blue..which I like...but others don't...lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why are people asking if this OP has Kit Kat? Their phone is a RMHD!

Kit Kat removes the blue color from your status indicators. Verizon insisted that they stay blue for the new Droid line. Don't know what we will see when the RAZR line receives Kit Kat...probably blue still like the other Droids...but maybe not.

Last edited:
OP
borregolinda

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
Well, for whatever reason everything is fine again. And I'm not using Google mail..K9 Mail. But now it's fine and I did nothing! Thanks all.