Issues with Wifi Connection

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Ok, so...in my house there are two new Motorola Bionic owners. We live in an area where we can access the 4G LTE service.
DH's phone seems to have no issues. Mine isn't so lucky.

The 4G LTE service...is definitely light speed....and LOVE it!

The problem occurs when I switch to wifi mode. Currently have issues when I access webpages and apps which require wifi to download.
While if WiFi mode.... I get an error issues saying that I am having network issues. Thinking that I had network issues, I reconfigured my wireless network router. Laptop is running more smoothly, and....Bionic is showing I have a strong signal with wifi, but....can't access the internet. Seems....that most of the time that wifi will access the first page on internet (not sure if it's just old info while on 4g Lte)

Also noticing that my yahoo email account is not able to access account.

Thinking that I might have clicked somewhere where I shouldn't have, I went back to factory default settings and started over.
Same issue.

If anyone has experienced this...and has a solution....HELP!

I've contacted Tech Support with carrier, they suggested that I turn off the 4G LTE and run with CDMA (3g) then turn on the wifi to see if it's a 4G issue or not. Nope, not a 4G issue. Same problem running CDMA.

Tech Support basically is running a trouble ticket....Waiting to hear back from tech support expert.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Do you have AES enabled? If so go to AES/TKIP or just TKIP.

Moto GB android phones want to have TKIP on instead of AES. My Bionic, X, and Pro all do this on GB Blur.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
C

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Thank you!

Do you have AES enabled? If so go to AES/TKIP or just TKIP.

Moto GB android phones want to have TKIP on instead of AES. My Bionic, X, and Pro all do this on GB Blur.

:icon_ banana:Thought that I would respond back to tjk629 with a HUGE Thank you! After tracking back my wireless router, I was able to determine that I had the highest security mode I could with my router. I went in and reconfigured the router with a medium security....that requires a passcode and was able to get online at home. Thank you, Thank you, thank you!

On a side note, I also determined that I had multiple issues with my Bionic. We received our Bionics the first week of January. Mine has always ran a lot warmer than DH's. Well, a week ago....mine started running a little crazy. :frown: Every time I would touch an icon on my Home Screen, it would open a different app. Three days later....it starting running HOT while not plugged in....and would "reverse charge" in the middle of the night...and be stone cold in the morning. I have done factory reset three separate times, and we switched chargers; then the batteries to determine the issue. We found it to be the phone.

I am now waiting.....to receive a "certified like new" phone...which will be here in 3-5 working days. :frown:

Sure would have been nice to be able to switch out the phone at the store instead of waiting for one in the mail. Oh well.

OP
C

Caren4u2

Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback. It helped me to know what to check. Found that my Wireless router was set with the highest security setting. Reconfigured with a medium setting requiring a password and all is well with accessing wifi at home.

Thanks! :biggrin:

gmflyer23

Reaction score
My droid bionic kept freezing up and I also had wifi issues. Different things popping up on screen. I kept losing internet connection also. I never did find out the problem with tech support. Enough time waisted on troubleshooting. They sent me new phone overnight. I think this is hit or miss with the phone you get. Good luck with your new phone