4G Icon goes White - No Internet - North East New Jersey

Metalunna

Reaction score
Hello,
I live in the Northern New Jersey/NYC area and starting last night, and once today, I noticed that my 4G icon turns white (instead of blue) and I have no internet. I tried toggling Airplane mode but no luck. I am able to get it back with a toggle of CDMA ONLY/CDMA LTE. a Reboot also seems to work too.

I'm just curious if anyone else saw this recently.

I am stock (always have been) and on 5.9.902

bbucks36

Reaction score
Does it to me too, but i still have internet. Slow tho when white. I think its roaming when white. Not a 100% sure. Id say ever since 5.9.902 my data been pretty stable. Im rooted and also using eclipse 2.2.

Ansa82

Reaction score
Ive had issues too... Yesterday & today! southeastern Michigan

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

puggimer

Reaction score
I just got my Razr Maxx on Wednesday, and I have noticed this as well ( Dayton, OH ).

I had better data connectivity with my old Droid than I've had with my new Razr :-(

nolongerconfuzed

Reaction score
Same in Chitown

I've had the same problem in Lockport/Homer Glen, outside of Chicago. I've had the problems for 4 weeks and have had 2 replacement phones. It is completely unstable and unreliable. I am ready to throw the phone. Does anyone have a solution yet?

nolongerconfuzed

Reaction score
I had better connectivity with droid incredible and droid x than razr maxx. What's the point of having the BEST phone VZW offers if it doesn't even connect to the internet????

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
I have had this same issue to in Oregon. I just got a replacement Droid bionic, exactly like the one I had before, but for some reason I am constantly losing internet connection on my new phone. I rarely have any connection at all and have to use wifi. I tried calling VZW and they has me change some settings in battery manager and that worked for a few minutes but of course its still not staying connected...

hairstylizt89

Reaction score
So apparently we need to install the new ics thing. Look up forums on how to install it, i'm not really getting it, you need a certain version to start with and all this other stuff to do it. Don't do it unless you are sure about every step.