1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

4G Coverage

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by kb3awq, Jan 18, 2012.

1. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

I had sent Verizon an email for the heck of it to see if they could give a time frame of 4G coverage in my area (Williamsport, PA). They said they are unable to say. So that adds to the question.. Do they really know or is some big secret. I would think they would have some sort of a plan on what they are doing and when.
  2. pinoy_92

pinoy_92 New Member

4G LTE Network | Verizon Wireless

it doesnt really tell you much but from looking at that most of their 4g services are on the east side of the US, so if your in the east coast you might get 4g sometime this year. i personally went to the verizon store in my area and asked them about when we are getting 4g. they told me MAYBE mid-year. i also live in the east.
  3. furbymac

furbymac Member

They don't want to give u a day because if something happens and it doesn't come by then they don't won't to be held liable. Same reason they don't hand out release dates for phones
  4. Ixice

Ixice New Member

^^^ I agree ^^^
  5. Kimo91

Kimo91 New Member

+1 totally agree

Sent from my Rooted and Safestrapped Moto DROID RAZR
  6. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

Yeah I just figured a time frame, I know dates are always subject to change but that happens. At least a time frame lowers people blood pressure:biggrin:
  7. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I live in Williamsport too. We are getting 4g by the end of June or beginning of July. I can confirm this by multiple sources and the fact that they have been taking equipments up on top of the Genetti Hotel in downtown Williamsport. They are currently working on it still. Just keep checking your 4g signal each week.
  8. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

Oh OK cool. First time Ive seen anyone on here from the area. I wonder how many others are in the Williamsport area.. Anyways. OK thats good to know that they are working on it although I dont know how far they are with other sites locally. I know what most of the towers are locally and whats on them of course some are shared by other carriers. There are a few Verizon sites in Williamsport. I always wondered what exactly is on top of the Genetti, I know some cell stuff, some Govt stuff and the old City Police base (156.450) used to be up there what they used before their 1990 800 MHz system and of course back to 154 in April 2001
  9. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

I'm not sure. We may be the only 2 from here on this site. You are correct that they use the tower and equipments on top of the Genetti for multiple purposes. I had been trying to find info on any plans that williamsport would get 4g. Been searching for about 4 months. I finally got reliable info and proof just 2 weeks ago. Typically on clear.com or through Verizon they would have some kind of info but they didn't. It just came out of nowhere. I'm not even sure anybody, with a 4g capable phone, will know that williamsport will have 4g coverage shortly. Poor advertisement if you ask me. If you want to sell phones and services then you should let people know and more customers will come.

As far as other local towers... I'm not sure. I got an app called Sensorly app in the play store and its suppose to tell you everything you want to know including location of the next tower. I don't see that on there. I do see the nearest 4g coverage is to the west of us in Lock Haven mostly along the highway.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  10. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

Oh OK. Yeah Ive tried a lot of the cell tower locator apps but Ive never seen accuracy around here. I used to have a list of what everything was around although some have been added and some have changed like say Nextel and Sprint. Verizon has a tower behind Stevens school and on the water tower by the Faxon exit as you said the Genetti. The tower along 180 by Indian Park, down just past the mall (Pennsdale exit). Im not positive to the west but to the north they have one right behind the Cogan Station Post Office, the tower that can be seen from the at the 14/15 and I think they added one up by the Turkey Ranch.

ATT has the one on Arch Street by the Hiawatha and Sprint is on there to. ATT has something up at the water tower at the top of Round Hill Road

Nextel whether they still do or not since Sprint came along but they had many around here. They had up at the 14/15 split, the tower just south of Powys along the highway, the tower above Heshbon on Bucks Road, Wahoo Drive, The Sovereign Bank I think it was down town, Divine Prov Hospital, Cemetery Hill in Montgomery, the Adult Book store tower, the same ones as Verizon heading to the mall I think they had something on Jordan St in Montoursville also.

Just to name a few off the top of my head. How did you find out? Do you work at the hotel or know someone who frequents there or other sources?
  11. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

Let me know if you find anything else out. My Email is KB3AWQ at W3AHS dot com
  12. bellysnana

bellysnana New Member

I live in Williamsport and glad to hear 4g is coming soon...so now there are 3 in here from billtown :)
  13. bellysnana

bellysnana New Member

unlimited dataUn

on my family plan we were grandfathered in under the unlimited data for cell,,,,I heard they changed that policy,,does anyone know? My son in law is ready to upgrade and has not done it thinking he will lose unlimited....
  14. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

Cool.

15. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

There was rumor of that about losing unlimited which it may over time but the last I seen they wasnt going to do that. I believe I seen they were going to make the new plans available starting June 28th I think it was. Sounded to me like it was unlimited talk and text and shared data. Currently Im just a single line for my Razr which would be $100 a month but its $82 with my 18% work discount. There was a little calculator thing on Verizons site to see what the cost would be for that new plan and it would be like $130 and I think with 2 smartphones it was like $160 or something which is probably about what it is now but that probably doesnt include discounts or taxes. You get the mobile hotspot also which you can do that with an app for free (which it should be free anyway since you are paying for the internet anyway, if you choose to tether to your laptop or whatever so be it. Its like they charge people twice but I guess they must have realized that people have figured that out now and decided to include it.) What I think it also funny is they just sent a terms of service change the other day which probably everyone got but its kinda like hey Im signed in a contract, who are they to change anything without me being OK with the agreement. I dont remember what it even was about but nothing that important I didnt think. Its not like I can walk in there changing things.
  16. stripedmenace

stripedmenace New Member

4G In and Out

I guess with me this make 4 from Billtown. This morning about 8 I was on 3G service like usual. When I picked my phone up about 11 it said I had LTE coverage now it's 1:17pm and i'm back to 3G. I guess that's good news.
    1 person likes this.
  17. crashN2u

crashN2u New Member

On verizon, as long as a phone number had unlimited data in the past, it will always have unlimited data available as an option. Even if you remove it, you can always add it back in. Verizon is being slick though with their new plans. If you switch to the new plan, you will lose your grandfathered unlimited data. In addition, if you upgrade the line using the subsidized price, you will lose the unlimited data because you are forced into the new plan via a new contract. The only way to keep it from now on is bringing your own device or paying full price.
  18. crashN2u

crashN2u New Member

Anytime you are in a contract and the other party wants to modify it you get the ability to opt out. In some cases, if you opt out, you finish your contract as it was originally written. With Verizon, however, I believe you have 30 days to opt out. If you choose to do so, your contract is terminated. You will not have to pay the early termination fee though.
  19. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

Welcome aboard to the local small town clan! That is good news.dancedroid:hail: I was over at the Luzurne county fairgrounds yesterday at the Murgas Hamfest and realized I had 4G there so I tried it out for a couple minutes since it was the first time I ever tried 4G, seemed cool. Was hoping to here something back from the guy who had mentioned about the Genetti in an earlier post. Although several towers are in the area I am not sure what all they have to do to make it 4G. I would think maybe some software and hardware changes but wouldnt think it would be a major thing but would guess they would have to do the same thing at each tower site.
  20. kb3awq

kb3awq New Member

As soon as they change a contract it should be void in my opinion cause I didnt sign to agree with it. But yeah I have just a single line right now at least with unlimited text and unlimited data. Been trying to research on what the best deal / best bang for the buck is. Without a discount I guess my plan would be about $100 but is $82 with the 18% work discount. When at home I use my home wifi but when elsewhere normally the network unless I can connect to wifi. I would think I could get by with 2 gig for my phone but a 2nd phone would need 3 or 4 gig. Actually I dont think I have went much over 1 gig but I like some play room as ya just never know. I dont like limits though, Id rather just be unlimited everything as its just easier that way. With the money they make you would think that would be a given even if the issue was their equip cant handle - so upgrade the equip we have to upgrade our phones!!!
Search tags for this page
4g 17701

4g in williamsport pa

4g towers around williamsport
best cell phone coverage in williamsport pa
does williamsport have 4g
is sprint a good service provider for williamsport pa
is there sprint 4g in williamsport pa
sprint 3g in williamsport
sprint coverage williamsport pa
sprint lte in williamsport, pa
sprint tower updates in williamsport pa